Fox News reacts to Sean Hannity-Michael Cohen bombshell, calling it "the elephant in the room"
Shepard Smith, who was recently feuding with Hannity, was on Fox News when the revelation was made that Hannity also was a client of Trump's attorney Michael Cohen. "For us, the elephant in the room is that Sean Hannity is said to have been a third client of Michael Cohen,” Smith said in briefly addressing the bombshell news, adding: "A lot of people here know his number. We’ll get on that.” After a commercial break, Shepard said, "we spoke with his publicist here at Fox News who says that he says they have been friends a long time. He never denied he was his lawyer. That he did some legal work for him along the way. And that’s the extent of that." Hannity later released a statement saying "Michael Cohen has never represented me in any manner. I never retained him, received an invoice or paid legal fees." Fox News has yet to formally comment on Hannity's connection with Cohen.
- For Fox News, Hannity's high ratings come with huge headaches
- Hannity texted MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace while he she was on-air to make a denial
- Jimmy Kimmel's wife/co-head writer Molly McNearney "Can't. Stop. Laughing."
- Stephen Colbert "Can't Wait!" until tonight's Hannity
- Seth Meyers on the Hannity revelation: "As someone who hosts an hour of television a night, I can’t IMAGINE also hosting three hours of radio in the afternoon. WHY ISNT ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THAT???"
- Here are six times Hannity defended Cohen on Fox News
- Report: New White House communications chief Bill Shine used his Fox News expertise on President Trump's Supreme Court announcement
- Samantha Bee should've known that the C-word is a "political comedy A-bomb"
- Sean Hannity deleted a Tom Brokaw "A NEW LOW AT 30 Rock" tweet and his corresponding story
- John Oliver bought ad time on Sean Hannity's show in hopes of reaching President Trump