Is Sterling K. Brown too good for This Is Us?
Source: New York Post
The two-time Emmy-winning actor, who's coming off the high of hosting Saturday Night Live, has insisted he isn't going anywhere. "I’ll ride it ’til the wheels fall off,” he said last year. But as Robert Rorke notes, "the magnetic actor is unstoppable" -- he could be the next George Clooney, who left the hit series ER for movie stardom. "As everyone has figured out by now, the big-hearted Brown is the best thing about This Is Us," says Rorke, "but he’s also better than the show, which has allowed itself to devolve from sensitive family drama into a soap opera about a ghost." He adds: "Brown’s ascension comes at a time when Hollywood is hurting for the kind of eloquent leading man who can become the next Denzel Washington or the next Gary Oldman, to name two of this year’s Oscar nominees and one eventual winner. It’s time for Brown to join their ranks."
- This Is Us producers call seeing Milo Ventimiglia don old-age makeup “one of the most visceral punches” they've experienced on the show
- To become Old Jack, Ventimiglia sent the makeup people photos of his father from different angles
- This Is Us co-showrunner Elizabeth Burger offers some insight on the Season 2 finale
- Creator Dan Fogelman says Season 3 is “a big Vietnam season for us. We’re doing some cool stuff"
- Chrissy Metz on the season finale: "It was really layered, and it was really wonderful and a lot of fun to have all of us together"
- Has This Is Us become too reliant on endless cliffhangers and mini-mysteries?
- This Is Us needed that clunky Season 2 ending
- This Is Us stars are set to earn $250,000 per episode after renegotiating their contracts for massive pay raises
- Three new network shows are vying to capture This Is Us' weep-worthy success
- See the Milo Ventimiglia and Chrissy Metz's auditions from tonight's This Is Us special
- This Is Us creator's house has been burglarized three times in two weeks