Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman indicted in college admissions bribery scheme
Fuller House star Loughlin and and Desperate Housewives alum Huffman are the biggest names among dozens charged in a nationwide college entrance exam scandal. Huffman and her husband, Shameless star William H. Macy, are accused of disguising a $15,000 charitable payment to facilitate their daughter cheating on an SAT exam. The charging papers refer to Macy only as "spouse," but he has not been indicted. Loughlin and husband Mossimo Giannulli, who was named, are accused of paying $500,000 to have their two daughters designated as recruits for USC's crew team -- even though they don't actually participate in crew. The scheme would guarantee their admission to USC. According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Huffman's daughter is said to have taken the (SAT) test in Dec. 2017 and received a 1420 on the test, a 400 point improvement from a previous test. Last October, Huffman discussed repeating this for her youngest daughter in a taped conversation that evidently the FBI has obtained. However, Huffman did not go through with the cheating for her youngest daughter, according to court papers. The confidential witness in this scheme has agreed to plead guilty to racketeering, money laundering and obstruction of justice (after alerting several subjects of the investigation of the government probe), according to court papers and has been cooperating since Sept. 2018 in a bid for leniency."
- UPDATE: Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman were arrested this morning -- they each could face up to five years behind bars
- Full House fans express shock: "Aunt Becky" is getting more attention on Twitter than Felicity Huffman
- William H. Macy discussed the "stressful" college admissions process in an interview published in January
- Loughlin's old tweets about school come back to haunt her
- Huffman also has an old tweet she probably regrets: "What are your best 'hacks' for the back-to-school season?"
- Huffman's parenting blog warned teens they'd "get busted" for trying to be "sneaky"
- Lori Loughlin cheating scandal and When Calls the Heart firing reveals that scripted cable is alive and well
- When Calls the Heart stars speak out on being in a "tough spot" following Lori Loughlin's college cheating scandal
- When Call the Heart will undergo "retooling" following Lori Loughlin's firing
- Lori Loughlin won't return for Fuller House's final season in wake of her college cheating scandal indictment