President Trump fumes at SNL, suggests "retribution" for NBC
The president woke up this morning in a rage at Saturday Night Live after Alec Baldwin's cold open mocking his emergency declaration speech from Friday. "Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution?" Trump tweeted. "Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!" In a separate, all-caps tweet minutes later, Trump added: "THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" Baldwin tweeted in response to the president: "Trump whines. The parade moves on. #resignalready. Cast member Mikey Day responded to Trump's tweet, joking: "He's on to us."
- SNL's Trump parody seemed to summarize things Trump actually said
- Don Cheadle wore a Russian hockey jersey with Trump's name for closing credits
- Cheadle was great, energetic and confident, yet SNL squandered his abilities
- Why did it take so long for Cheadle to host SNL?
- John Mulaney to return as SNL host on March 2, less than a year after hosting for the first time
- Behind the scenes of SNL's makeup department
- Ben Stiller: Lorne Michaels asked me, "Do you happen to have a Michael Cohen lying around?"
- John Mulaney tells Conan of his plans for a new SNL musical sketch
- Leslie Jones calls President Trump a "moron" and "Idiot" for complaining about an SNL rerun