Showtime boss is "dying" to renew Sacha Baron Cohen's Who Is America? for a second season
“I’m dying to bring it back,” said Showtime president David Nevins at the TV press tour. Nevins called the series “a risk I am are really glad we took," adding that it led to a lot of subscriptions. Still, the gotcha nature of the series makes it difficult to determine whether it will return for a second season.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio says of Trump "blow job": "I didn't even know what he was talking about"
- Will the Sarah Palin episode air? “All I can say about that is there are several people who have thrown themselves in front of buses that may not be heading their way," Showtime programming boss Gary Levine responded cryptically
- Lawyer suing Showtime over Sacha Baron Cohen's Who Is America? files a $750 million lawsuit over its Roger Ailes miniseries
- Sacha Baron Cohen recalls his Secret Service fears in getting close to pulling a Who Is America? prank on Ben Carson
- Sacha Baron Cohen says he's done with Who Is America?: "I'm too lazy to do this"
- Sacha Baron Cohen: Sarah Palin was cut from Who Is America? because "I looked at the footage and it just wasn’t funny enough"