Allison JanneyLatest News and Opinion
Posted Tuesday 4/24/18 at 1:12PM EDT
James Corden and Allison Janney vied to play the lead on Crosswalk the Musical: The Sound of Music
Janney's Mom co-star Anna Faris, The Big Bang Theory's Kunal Nayyar and Young Sheldon's Iain Armitage also appeared on Corden's Carpool Karaoke primetime special. ALSO: Melissa McCarthy dropped by Christina Aguilera's "Carpool Karaoke" ride.
Posted Saturday 4/14/18 at 12:07AM EDT
James Corden previews Carpool Karaoke's primetime special, featuring Christina Aguilera, Allison Janney and more
The April 23 special includes a Sound of Music-themed “Crosswalk: The Musical" with Janney and her Mom co-star Anna Farris, plus Kunal Nayyar and Young Sheldon's Ian Armitage.
Posted Sunday 4/08/18 at 5:24PM EDT
Mom renewed for Season 6
Chuck Lorre will continue having three series on CBS next season. "Mom has been a linchpin comedy for us over the last several years,” CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl said of the Anna Faris-Allison Janney comedy. “It’s a fearless series that tackles provocative social issues with laughter and grace, and a large, loyal audience has followed."
Posted Monday 3/19/18 at 12:37PM EDT
Allison Janney celebrates her Oscar victory on Ellen with shirtless hunks
Ellen DeGeneres felt that three dancing shirtless guys would be the appropriate way to celebrate the Mom star's Oscar victory for I, Tonya.
Posted Monday 3/05/18 at 2:51PM EST
Why ABC shouldn't be too worried about the worst-ever Oscar ratings
Sure, the Oscar ratings freefall looks bad, particularly with early numbers predicting that viewership will fall below 30 million for the first time ever. But ABC should come out of this year's ceremony okay. "While ratings for Sunday night’s show will prompt a flurry of negative headlines, odds are they won’t make a huge difference to ABC’s bottom line," says Josef Adalian. "Consider: Even though the 2017 Academy Awards scored the second-smallest audience ever, the Alphabet network was able to charge about 10 percent more for ad time on this year’s show, according to reports in multiple TV-industry trades." As Adalian notes, ratings are down across television, so the lower Oscar ratings are part of a broad trend. "Why are advertisers paying more for fewer eyeballs?" asks Adalian. "Simple: With TV ratings down across the board — even the Super Bowl stumbled this year — it’s harder than ever to reach really big audiences all at once." He also points out that the Oscars are still a great way for ABC to promote its TV shows. "Even if only one or two of the new shows hyped last night get a boost from the Oscars advertising, it’ll be a big win for ABC," he says.
- UPDATE: 90th Oscars was the least-watched with 26.5 million viewers
- Should Tiffany Haddish and Maya Rudolph host next year's Oscars?
- Female presenter pairings were a meaningful highlight of the night
- What a difference a year makes: President Trump was barely name-checked last night
- Did Jimmy Kimmel's jet ski bit work?
- No one really tried to win that jet ski
- Police arrest man for allegedly stealing Frances McDormand's Oscar statue -- and posting a video!
- Chloe Kim invites McDormand snowboarding after Oscars shout-out
- Anna Faris on Mom co-star Allison Janney's victory: “Allison won!!! And I got to hold it!!!! It’s heavy as sh*t!!!”
- Mad Men cast reunited at an Oscar party
- Lake Havasu Visitor Center invites jet ski winner Mark Bridges on an all-expenses paid trip
- The Lonely Island released an Oscars-themed music video "claiming" it was supposed to be shown last night
- The Godfather actor Carmine Caridi -- the only person before Harvey Weinstein to be booted from the Academy -- was "flabbergasted" to hear his name: "I'm not mad at Jimmy. He did exonerate me in a way, by comparing the penalties"
# TOPICS: 90th Academy Awards, ABC, Mad Men, Allison Janney, Anna Faris, Carmine Caridi, Jimmy Kimmel, Mark Bridges, Maya Rudolph, Tiffany Haddish, Award Shows, The Lonely Island, Ratings, Trump Presidency
Posted Wednesday 1/10/18 at 6:16PM EST
Mom books Kristin Chenoweth
Chenoweth's guest appearance will reunite her with former West Wing co-star Allison Janney. "She plays a spiritual advisor to Jaime Pressly's Jill," says executive producer Chuck Lorre. "It's not a healthy relationship; it's a bit of a con. But she plays something of a guru."
Posted Wednesday 1/10/18 at 2:41AM EST
Hollywood’s attempt to “rehabilitate” Tonya Harding called “ridiculous”
“She doesn’t deserve an ounce of sympathy, folks,” says USA Today sports columnist Christine Brennan. She adds: “And how about Allison Janney thanking and praising Tonya at the Golden Globes? The same Golden Globes that focused on attacks/assaults on women. The same Tonya who helped plan — and recently admitted to knowing about — the attack on a woman named Nancy Kerrigan.”