Anna FarisLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 4/13/18 at 1:17PM EDT
SNL's Alex Moffat and Mikey Day respond to the Trump brothers' differing reactions to their "Weekend Update" impressions
Donald Trump Jr. seems to have found some humor in Day's impression, while Eric Trump complained last month to The Washington Post that Moffat gets him all wrong. "I’ve just assumed that Eric’s not a huge fan of the portrayal," says Moffat. "And I assume that Don Jr. is, because in his mind, it’s probably like, 'Oh yeah, that’s right. I am the smart one." Day adds: "We imagine Don Jr. laughing, hitting Eric on the shoulder: 'Look what they said about you…ha!'" ALSO: Anna Faris wasn't a fan of Abby Elliott's SNL impression of her.
Posted Sunday 4/08/18 at 5:24PM EDT
Mom renewed for Season 6
Chuck Lorre will continue having three series on CBS next season. "Mom has been a linchpin comedy for us over the last several years,” CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl said of the Anna Faris-Allison Janney comedy. “It’s a fearless series that tackles provocative social issues with laughter and grace, and a large, loyal audience has followed."
Posted Monday 3/05/18 at 2:51PM EST
Why ABC shouldn't be too worried about the worst-ever Oscar ratings
Sure, the Oscar ratings freefall looks bad, particularly with early numbers predicting that viewership will fall below 30 million for the first time ever. But ABC should come out of this year's ceremony okay. "While ratings for Sunday night’s show will prompt a flurry of negative headlines, odds are they won’t make a huge difference to ABC’s bottom line," says Josef Adalian. "Consider: Even though the 2017 Academy Awards scored the second-smallest audience ever, the Alphabet network was able to charge about 10 percent more for ad time on this year’s show, according to reports in multiple TV-industry trades." As Adalian notes, ratings are down across television, so the lower Oscar ratings are part of a broad trend. "Why are advertisers paying more for fewer eyeballs?" asks Adalian. "Simple: With TV ratings down across the board — even the Super Bowl stumbled this year — it’s harder than ever to reach really big audiences all at once." He also points out that the Oscars are still a great way for ABC to promote its TV shows. "Even if only one or two of the new shows hyped last night get a boost from the Oscars advertising, it’ll be a big win for ABC," he says.
- UPDATE: 90th Oscars was the least-watched with 26.5 million viewers
- Should Tiffany Haddish and Maya Rudolph host next year's Oscars?
- Female presenter pairings were a meaningful highlight of the night
- What a difference a year makes: President Trump was barely name-checked last night
- Did Jimmy Kimmel's jet ski bit work?
- No one really tried to win that jet ski
- Police arrest man for allegedly stealing Frances McDormand's Oscar statue -- and posting a video!
- Chloe Kim invites McDormand snowboarding after Oscars shout-out
- Anna Faris on Mom co-star Allison Janney's victory: “Allison won!!! And I got to hold it!!!! It’s heavy as sh*t!!!”
- Mad Men cast reunited at an Oscar party
- Lake Havasu Visitor Center invites jet ski winner Mark Bridges on an all-expenses paid trip
- The Lonely Island released an Oscars-themed music video "claiming" it was supposed to be shown last night
- The Godfather actor Carmine Caridi -- the only person before Harvey Weinstein to be booted from the Academy -- was "flabbergasted" to hear his name: "I'm not mad at Jimmy. He did exonerate me in a way, by comparing the penalties"
# TOPICS: 90th Academy Awards, ABC, Mad Men, Allison Janney, Anna Faris, Carmine Caridi, Jimmy Kimmel, Mark Bridges, Maya Rudolph, Tiffany Haddish, Award Shows, The Lonely Island, Ratings, Trump Presidency
Posted Tuesday 10/24/17 at 4:58AM EDT
Anna Farris made “minor edits” to her new book following her separation from Chris Pratt
The Mom star’s book Unqualified is out today, and “reads like a love letter — or now, a heartfelt epitaph — to a marriage," according to The New York Times. Following her separation, Faris opted not to drastically alter or delay publication of the book, which features Pratt’s name on the cover as writer of the foreward.
Posted Friday 9/15/17 at 3:31PM EDT
'Mom' reruns are heading to CMT and TV Land
The sibling cable networks will share repeats of the Anna Faris sitcom.
Posted Wednesday 9/06/17 at 3:21PM EDT
Oprah, Alec Baldwin, Reese Witherspoon among Emmy presenters
The list of the first group of presenters also include Nicole Kidman, Kumail Nanjiani, Anna Faris and Jason Bateman.
Posted Tuesday 9/05/17 at 11:33PM EDT
Anna Faris says “it feels a little scary” to release her memoir
The Mom star’s book, due out on Oct. 24, includes a foreward by her husband Chris Pratt, whom she’s separated from.