Charlie WalkLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 9/21/18 at 10:27PM EDT
Report: NBC News chairman Andy Lack has a history of letting accused sexual harassers keep their jobs -- including one who allegedly blocked Ronan Farrow's story
Source: The Daily Beast
The Daily Beast reports that one of the NBC News bosses who reviewed Farrow's Harvey Weinstein reporting that was ultimately rejected was David Corvo, NBC News' senior executive producer for primetime news, who oversees shows like Dateline. "Corvo is one of NBC News’ most powerful men," reports The Daily Beast. Corvo also was accused of sexual harassing a female employee that led NBC Universal to sign a separation agreement that paid her nearly $1 million. "In return for a sum, the woman is forbidden from saying anything negative about her time at the company. Corvo continues to work at NBC News," says The Daily Beast. Rich McHugh, Farrow's former producing partner at NBC News, says Corvo helped decide the fate of their Weinstein reporting. An NBC News spokesperson countered that Corvo was “not a decision maker on the Weinstein reporting” and said he and two senior women on the review team “were unanimous in affirming that NBC News did not yet have a story that was ready for broadcast.” The Daily Beast also reports that Megyn Kelly was urged by Mark Kornblau, an NBC News executive who reports to Lack, not to cover the Tom Brokaw sexual harassment allegations, which she refused. An NBC News spokesperson says the "insinuation is ridiculous because two days before they spoke, NBC News had already covered the Brokaw story more aggressively than any other network.” The Daily Beast also went back and looked at one of Lack's previous jobs as chairman and CEO of Sony BMG Music Entertainment, where he allegedly looked the other way at sexual harassment accusations against Charlie Walk in the 2000s. Walk was fired from Fox reality show The Four and Republic Records earlier this year over sexual misconduct allegations.
Posted Friday 2/23/18 at 1:50AM EST
More women come forward accusing The Four's Charlie Walk of sexual harassment
Source: Rolling Stone
Rolling Stone conducted a month-long investigation, interviewing 15 people who worked with the former judge on Fox's The Four, including five women who allege sexual misconduct. The magazine found that Walk allegedly preyed on women for decades. "He took his hand and put it down the front of my pants," said Pam Kaye, Walk's former assistant. "I had to subtly try to get his hand away. It's like a game. He would test the limits as much as he could." Fox responded to the new allegations, saying: "We have only recently learned of these past allegations regarding Mr. Walk. We are currently reviewing this matter and are committed to fostering a safe environment on all of our shows."
Posted Thursday 2/08/18 at 6:30PM EST
Fox renews The Four for Season 2
The Four: Battle For Stardom has been Fox’s highest-rated unscripted series in four years. The music competition was rocked by scandal in recent weeks after judge Charlie Walk was accused of sexual harassment. Walk later stepped down from the series, though it was initially reported that Fox dropped him.
Posted Wednesday 1/31/18 at 4:33PM EST
Fox drops The Four’s Charlie Walk amid sexual harassment complaints
Shortly after Universal Music Group placed the Republic Records president on leave Wednesday as it investigates allegations of sexual misconduct, Fox has opted to axe Walk, a judge on The Four: Battle for Stardom, according to Deadline. The move comes one day before the Fox music competition airs its final pre-taped episode on Thursday. Deadline also reports that another woman has come forward after Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith published an open letter accusing Walk of harassment. The anonymous woman, a record industry marketing executive, said Walk would send her explicit images and video via Snapchat and attempted to lure her into his hotel room.
Posted Wednesday 1/31/18 at 4:29AM EST
Two more women accuse The Four’s Charlie Walk of sexual harassment
Two more women have come forward anonymously via the music business newsletter Lefetz Letter to also allege sexual harassment. They follow earlier allegations from Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith, who accused Walk of sexual misconduct when he was her boss at Sony Music. (Walk has denied Coopersmith's allegations.)
Posted Tuesday 1/30/18 at 2:04AM EST
The Four’s Charlie Walk calls sexual harassment allegations “upsetting” and “false”; Fox to investigate
“It is very upsetting to learn of this untrue allegation made by someone who worked with me 15 years ago, without incident,” the Republic Records president told Deadline in reaction to Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith accusing him of sexual misconduct when he was her boss at Sony Music. “There has never been a single HR claim against me at any time during my 25+ year career, spanning three major companies,” Walk added. “I have consistently been a supporter of the women’s movement and this is the first time I have ever heard of this or any other allegation — and it is false.” Late Monday, Fox issued a statement in response to the accusations: “We have only recently learned of these past allegations regarding Mr. Walk. We are currently reviewing this matter and are committed to fostering a safe environment on all of our shows.”
Posted Monday 1/29/18 at 7:46PM EST
Fox’s The Four judge Charlie Walk accused of sexual harassment
The freshman Fox music reality competition has two weeks left before its finale, but the network faces a big decision with what to do with Walk, the president of Republic Records, whose label supposed to sign the winner of The Four. In an open letter released today, Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith accused Walk of making lewd comments about her body and his fantasies of having sex with her when he was her boss at Sony Music. She also accused him of cornering her and pushing her onto his bed at his home. “To you, Charlie Walk, what you did was normal. It was a power you perceived to have earned, with a right to exercise it. But to me it was insulting, confusing and objectifying,” she writes. “And it was a secret that I held for a very long time, my experiences only spilling out in flashbacks and nightmares.” Fox has yet to comment on the allegation.
Posted Friday 11/17/17 at 6:40PM EST
Fox’s The Four announces its judges: Sean “Diddy” Combs, Meghan Trainor and DJ Khaled
Record label executive Charlie Walk will also serve as a judge on Fox’s newest singing competition, The Four: Battle for Stardom, which premieres on Jan. 4. Unlike other talent competitions, The Four will begin with four finalists, who will have to compete with many other singers who will challenge them for their spots.