Curb Your EnthusiasmLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 1/09/19 at 9:32PM EST
Curb Your Enthusiasm is bringing back Mocha Joe
Saverio Guerra will reprise his Season 7 character who ran a coffee stand on the NBC lot on Season 10.
Posted Saturday 1/05/19 at 3:04AM EST
Jerry Seinfeld releases a video tribute in honor of Bob Einstein
Einstein, the Curb Your Enthusiasm star who died Wednesday at age 76, was the first guest on Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee to make a second appearance. He also achieved something special when he got Seinfeld to laugh on the set of Curb. Seinfeld's video features a montage of Einstein's appearances of Comedians in Cars in Seasons 1 and 9. "We made this little tribute to one of our favorite people ever in the world of comedy, the one and only Bob Einstein," Seinfeld tweeted. ALSO: Watch the funniest moments from Einstein's legendary comedy career.
Posted Wednesday 1/02/19 at 3:41PM EST
Bob Einstein dies: Curb Your Enthusiasm's Marty Funkhouser and Super Dave Osborne stuntman was 76
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Albert Brooks paid tribute to his older brother, calling him a "brilliantly funny man. You will be missed forever." Einstein was an Emmy-winning writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and Van Dyke and Company who went on to play blundering stuntman Super Dave Osborne on the Showtime series Super Dave and elsewhere, including numerous appearances on Late Night with David Letterman. Most recently, he played Marty Funkhouser on Curb Your Enthusiasm, appearing in 22 episodes, including regularly on Season 9 in 2017. "Marty didn't appear on Curb until s4, yet Einstein and Larry David had a rapport that made it seem like he'd been there forever," tweeted Alan Sepinwall. Einstein was also the first repeat guest on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, appearing in Season 1 and Season 9. "I’m in shock," tweeted fellow Curb actor Richard Lewis, adding: "His long career is hard to match. His role on #curbyourenthusiasm was excruciatingly brilliant! Our cast and crew will be devastated. He was so loved. He told me how much he loved LD and Curb. RIP buddy."
- Larry David remembers Einstein: “Never have I seen an actor enjoy a role the way Bob did playing Marty Funkhouser on Curb. It was an amazing, unforgettable experience knowing and working with him. There was no one like him, as he told us again and again. We’re all in a state of shock."
- Celebrities pay tribute to Bob Einstein, including Curb vets Cheryl Hines and David Mandel
- Einstein told a joke so funny on Curb he nearly left Jerry Seinfeld in tears
- Jimmy Kimmel tweeted his friend "Supe" was "the master of a joke you could see coming for miles that still killed when it arrived"
- Patton Oswalt calls Einstein a "genius" talk show panel guest: "Whenever Bob Einstein was on Letterman as 'Super Dave' it was un-missable. No one was more confident with the long payoff"
- Sarah Silverman says we called him "Super": "I will miss his brilliant comedy and vice-like hugs"
- Listen to Einstein talk about his comedic inspirations and his favorite Curb episodes in a December 2017 podcast interview
Posted Friday 11/09/18 at 10:34PM EST
Curb Your Enthusiasm joins Instagram
Watch J.B. Smoove's "weird" behind-the-scenes look at Season 10.
Posted Saturday 10/27/18 at 7:21AM EDT
Mike Tyson is shopping a Curb Your Enthusiasm-style scripted comedy about life as a marijuana grower
Source: Page Six
Rolling With the Punches would star Tyson as a fictionalized version of himself. They are already shooting a pilot presentation at Tyson's marijuana ranch in L.A. “It’s simple. I’m playing a retired boxer who is growing marijuana,” says the former boxing champ. “It’s basically me acting like me, so people can get a look at what my life could be like in different scenarios.”
Posted Friday 10/19/18 at 2:31PM EDT
Curb Your Enthusiasm begins filming Season 10
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Larry David begins production today on the 10th season, 10 months after the airing of the Season 9 finale.
Posted Friday 10/19/18 at 2:31PM EDT
J.B. Smoove could potentially star in his own TV comedy as part of a new deal with 20th Century Fox
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
"Nobody makes me laugh harder than J.B. Smoove," says 20th Century Fox Television president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis. "His work on Curb or his interviews with Howard Stern — you can’t deny his amazing comedic POV! He’s a gifted writer, comedian and actor we are so lucky to have him in a deal at the studio."
Posted Tuesday 9/04/18 at 3:42PM EDT
Jeff Garlin files for divorce
The Goldbergs and Curb Your Enthusiasm star and his wife, Marla, are ending their 24-year marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple has two grown sons together.
Posted Wednesday 7/25/18 at 1:49PM EDT
Curb Your Enthusiasm will be back when Larry David "feels ready"
Source: Entertainment Weekly
“He’s working on the season,” HBO programming president Casey Bloys told critics. “It will return when he feels ready and tell us how it will come back.”
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Thursday 3/15/18 at 5:20AM EDT
Larry David is allowing the release of Curb Your Enthusiasm's deleted scenes for the first time
David had vetoed releasing deleted scenes in previous seasons. But showrunner Jeff Schaffer changed his mind for the Season 9 DVD release. "My greatest achievement was convincing Larry to actually put deleted scenes out in social media and on the DVD," says Schaffer. "Because he has never wanted to do this. He has always said about the DVD, 'Well, if it wasn't in the show, no one wants to see it.' And I'm like, 'No, it's the exact opposite. Because it wasn't on the show, everyone wants to see it, and they're funny."
Posted Monday 3/12/18 at 6:57AM EDT
Larry David immortalized with a $150,000 gold and diamond chain
Producer David Weintraub wanted to honor the Curb Your Enthusiasm star with a gold chain containing 200 diamonds.
Posted Monday 2/12/18 at 6:58AM EST
Larry David's 23-year-old daughter, hyped as the "next Lena Dunham," could follow her dad to HBO
Source: Page Six
Page Six reports that there is a bidding war to bring Cazzie David's web series Eighty-Sixed to the small screen. "A Hollywood insider says that Hulu and Amazon are interested in developing her series as a TV project, and that there have been meetings with HBO," Page Six reports. Cazzie David is currently dating Pete Davidson from SNL.
Posted Wednesday 1/10/18 at 2:41AM EST
Glenn Howerton would love to keep doing It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on a Curb Your Enthusiasm-style schedule
No decision on his future on the long-running comedy has been made, Howerton said while promoting his new NBC comedy A.P. Bio at the TV press tour, but there’s still talk about doing an irregular schedule. “We’ve talked about that,” he said. “We love the show and we love each other and we want to keep doing it and if we can get away with just doing it whenever we want, why not?” Howerton said. “Creatively speaking, we just want the show to be good, so if any of us is feeling burned out and we feel like it’s gonna compromise the quality of the show, we just won’t do it.”
Posted Friday 12/15/17 at 10:35PM EST
Here’s what Larry David will look like if he’s still working on Curb Your Enthusiasm at age 80
Upon news of the 10th season renewal, executive producer/director Robert B. Weide shared the picture he’s been keeping on his clipboard since Season 1. “Getting closer,” tweeted Weide of the 70-year-old David.