Emilia ClarkeLatest News and Opinion
Posted Thursday 11/01/18 at 12:44PM EDT
Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow in the first glimpse of Game of Thrones' final season
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington grace the cover of EW's first look at Season 8. “It’s relentless; scenes that would have been a one-day shoot five years ago are now a five-day shoot,” says Harington. “They want to get it right, they want to shoot everything every single way so they have options.” Clarke adds that camera "checks take longer, costumes are a bit better, hair and makeup a bit sharper — every choice, every conversation, every attitude, has this air of ‘this is it.’ Everything feels more intense.” Meanwhile, co-executive producer Bryan Cogman describes the final season as "all of these disparate characters coming together to face a common enemy, dealing with their own past, and defining the person they want to be in the face of certain death. It’s an incredibly emotional haunting bittersweet final season and I think it honors very much what (George R.R. Martin) set out to do — which is flipping this kind of story on its head.” ALSO: Producers originally suggested making the final season three two-hour movies.
Posted Monday 10/29/18 at 12:43PM EDT
Sophie Turner's fiancé Joe Jonas dressed as her Game of Thrones character for a Halloween party
Jonas wore a red wig and intricately embroidered blue velour gown to cosplay as Sansa Stark. ALSO: Emilia Clarke did "The Robot" for HBO's president as part of her Game of Thrones audition.
Posted Friday 9/28/18 at 6:27AM EDT
Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke chops off her long hair
Clarke said on Instagram her new pixie haircut was inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad Pitt in the 1990s.
Posted Thursday 9/20/18 at 1:16PM EDT
Emilia Clarke unveils her mother of dragons-themed Game of Thrones tattoo
"MOD 4 LYFE!!!!" Clarke wrote on Instagram, showing off her arm tattoo of Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion flying in formation. ALSO: Peter Dinklage recalls pranking fellow GoT cast members by pretending to be dead.
Posted Thursday 8/30/18 at 1:33AM EDT
TV shows are murdering everyone's hair!
Source: The Cut
From Riverdale's Lili Reinhart to Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke, TV actresses are speaking out about the damage that constant bleaching and dyeing does to their hair. Even men aren't immune, as Riverdale's K.J. Apa and his burnt skin can attest.
Posted Saturday 8/04/18 at 2:51AM EDT
One Game of Thrones actor reveals he's not in the final season
"I’m not in it, so I guess I survive," says the actor, who appeared on four episodes. "Although they might just mention offhand that I’ve had my head bitten off by a dragon off-screen or something." ALSO: Emilia Clarke and Lena Headey take on gender bias in a short film on a casting session.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Monday 6/18/18 at 7:41AM EDT
Emilia Clarke says goodbye to Game of Thrones
Source: Winter is Coming
The actress apparently wrapped up filming her role as Daenerys Targaryen, writing on Instagram Sunday: “Hopped on a boat to an island to say goodbye to the land that has been my home away from home for almost a decade,” she writes. “It’s been a trip @gameofthrones thank you for the life I never dreamed I’d be able to live and the family I’ll never stop missing."
Posted Monday 6/04/18 at 2:49PM EDT
Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa recreate Dirty Dancing at Game of Thrones wrap party
Source: TV Insider
“FYI … This is the closest you’ll ever get to me attempting ‘that lift’ from dirty dancing,” Clarke captioned an Instagram image of Momoa holding her up in front of an Iron Throne. Kit Harington was also photographed carrying Momoa, Dirty Dancing-style.
Posted Wednesday 5/23/18 at 2:17PM EDT
Emilia Clarke: My final Game of Thrones scene "f*cked me up"
Source: E! Online
"It f*cked me up," she says in a Vanity Fair profile. "Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is…" Clarke also reveals in the profile that she kept a journal while filming and that she finds its "unnatural and strange" to do love scenes with Kit Harington.
Posted Thursday 5/17/18 at 2:40PM EDT
Emilia Clarke thinks HBO is filming multiple Game of Thrones series finale endings "and they're not telling us"
“I think they’re filming a bunch of stuff and they’re not telling us,” she says in a Hollywood Reporter podcast, adding: “I’m being serious!”
Posted Tuesday 5/15/18 at 10:53PM EDT
Emilia Clarke: I've always had pay equality with my Game of Thrones co-stars
Clarke, speaking at the Cannes Film Festival, said she found Claire Foy's The Crown pay disparity to be "shocking, actually shocking." She added: “On Game of Thrones, I have always been paid the same amount as my male co-stars. It was my first job and I was not discriminated against because I was a woman, in my paycheck.” ALSO: Clarke says it's sexist to refer to female characters as "strong women."
Posted Tuesday 4/24/18 at 1:57AM EDT
Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington to become the first Game of Thrones actors to compete in the lead acting categories
Game of Thrones actors have always submitted themselves for the Emmy supporting acting categories. Peter Dinklage, for instance, has been nominated for outstanding supporting actor six times, winning twice. But this year Game of Thrones actors are breaking out of the "supporting" categories. According to Gold Derby, Clarke and Harington will become the first Game of Thrones stars to compete for outstanding lead actress and actor, respectively.
Posted Thursday 4/19/18 at 6:51PM EDT
Watch Emilia Clarke fail to get past Game of Thrones security -- in a charity video
Source: Entertainment Weekly
The actress released a five-minute video for her Omaze campaign that would allow one lucky fan to visit the Belfast Game of Thrones set and have a meal with the cast and crew. Proceeds will benefit the Royal College of Nursing
Posted Sunday 1/07/18 at 3:33AM EST
A drunken Kit Harington was reportedly thrown out of a New York City bar
According to TMZ, the Game of Thrones star had to be physically removed after he “started banging on the table, grabbing at pool cues, and getting in peoples' faces” on Friday night. ALSO: Brad Pitt bid $120,000 to watch a Game of Thrones episode with Emilia Clarke, but was outbid.