Family GuyLatest News and Opinion
Posted Saturday 1/13/18 at 12:37AM EST
Family Guy staffers reflect on 300 episodes
Two producers say Sunday's Episode 300 is their very favorite episode of the series, in part because it includes a gag about ranking the Fast & Furious films.
Posted Tuesday 1/09/18 at 6:45PM EST
Hulu surpasses 17 million subscribers, says South Park and Law & Order: SVU were its most-watched shows of 2017
This Is Us, The Handmaid’s Tale, Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers were also among Hulu’s top shows of 2017.
Posted Thursday 1/04/18 at 9:05PM EST
Seth MacFarlane admits he didn’t initially get Family Guy’s Harvey Weinstein joke
Turns out MacFarlane didn’t know about Weinstein’s sexual harassment problem when his writers pitched him on the throwaway joke on the 2005 episode that went viral amid the mogul’s sexual harassment scandal. “I don’t remember who pitched the joke,” MacFarlane said at the TV press tour. “I remember when it was pitched… that was a rumor I had actually not heard and other people in the writers’ room had. And it had to be sort of explained to me: ‘Oh, there’s this rumor that’s going on.'”
Posted Thursday 1/04/18 at 5:21PM EST
Family Guy’s first extended episode will involve Ian McKellen as a child psychologist who treats Stewie
The “Send in Stewie, Please” episode will involve Stewie experiencing a series of personal and emotional revelations about himself. ALSO: Amanda Seyfried to guest later this season.
Posted Thursday 1/04/18 at 2:08PM EST
At Fox, it’s business as usual despite Disney deal — but Fox execs insist Disney won’t dilute The Simpsons or Family Guy
Disney’s acquisition of Fox’s may take between a year and 18 months, so Fox executives are proceeding with their jobs as usual. Fox Television Group chairman Gary Newman did joke at this morning's the Television Critics Association session that he would be addressing “the elephant in the room… or in our case, the Mouse.” He added: “We have to operate at Fox as if this deal doesn’t go through ... We’ll worry down the road when this deal happens.” Asked if Disney will have any impact on Fox’s edgy animated comedies, Newman added: “They’re not acquiring Fox to create some kind of PG company, or as Bob Iger has put it, to ‘Disney-fy’ it.”
- Ryan Murphy had an “emotional" reaction to the Disney-Fox merger: "Am i going to have put Mickey Mouse in American Horror Story?" he said at the TV press tour. “I was not prepared for what happened,” but “I’m hopeful," he said. Murphy added that he received calls assuring him from both Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Disney's Bob Iger. "I’m sort of interested to see what that company is going to look like before I make any decisions," he said.
Posted Thursday 1/04/18 at 2:08PM EST
Family Guy will air its first-ever extended episode
The March 11 episode, titled “Send in Stewie, Please,” will also feature limited commercial interruptions.
Posted Friday 12/08/17 at 1:38PM EST
Family Guy went after Bryan Singer two years ago
The X-Men franchise director, who is being sued for alleged sexual assault of an underage boy, was deemed by Brian Griffin as a “perverted Hollywood predator” in a Season 14 episode of the Fox animated series.
Posted Monday 12/04/17 at 12:56PM EST
Family Guy hits Kevin Spacey again
Last night’s episode took a jab at Spacey for coming out as a gay man in his initial apology for his alleged sexual misconduct. As previously reported, Family Guy first alluded to the actor's alleged misdeeds in a 2005 episode, and creator Seth MacFarlane has made similar references to accused bad actors Harvey Weinstein and Brett Ratner.
Posted Wednesday 11/22/17 at 2:00PM EST
Samantha Bee got Charlie Rose to play creepy “Charlie Rose Clones” last year on Full Frontal
Female Charlie Rose show employees referred to Rose as “the crusty paw” in The Washington Post’s bombshell story, and Rose’s “crusty paw” played a role in a Full Frontal with Samantha Bee sketch that Rose participated in last year. In it, Bee reveals that Rose’s dark background contains a bunch of creepy, leering Charlie Roses — all played by Charlie Rose himself. Newsbusters also highlighted Bee’s appearance last year on Charlie Rose, where the “Charlie Rose Clones” bit was taped. As Newsbusters notes, Rose pointed out her show's title, Full Frontal, and said, “I love the idea.”
- Who will replace Charlie Rose on CBS This Morning — a big name, an unknown or nobody?
- Ex-Charlie Rose intern alleges he forced her to watch Maggie Gyllenhaal’s explicit S&M scene from the film Secretary
- Gayle King to Stephen Colbert: “It’s still very painful. It’s still very hurtful”
- Rose’s unfinished 60 Minutes pieces will be picked up by other correspondents
- CBS This Morning reported that CBS didn’t know the specifics of Rose’s behavior until Monday
- Colbert calls his ex-CBS colleague’s behavior “a harrowing and terrible abuse of power”
- Seth Meyers slams Rose: “Here’s a good rule of thumb: if your face isn’t pulling in the babes, your penis isn’t going to make the difference”
- Seth MacFarlane's Family Guy took a shot at Charlie Rose back in 2012: "Thanks to me, he's fallen even further than Charlie Rose"
- Oprah Winfrey's rep denies she's been asked to fill in on CBS This Morning, disputing Page Six report
- Washington Post reporter first learned about Rose’s behavior in 2010
TOPICS: CBS, PBS, CBS This Morning, Family Guy, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Charlie Rose, Oprah Winfrey, Samantha Bee, Seth MacFarlane, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, CBS News, Daytime TV, Sexual Misconduct
Posted Monday 11/20/17 at 5:41PM EST
Family Guy featured a Ronan Farrow-Woody Allen joke on last night’s episode
The timing of the joke seems a bit misguided given Farrow’s involvement in exposing Hollywood’s current sexual misconduct scandal.
Posted Tuesday 11/14/17 at 2:27PM EST
Family Guy gives Brian a sad three-episode arc
This week’s episode was the beginning of a three-part storyline for Brian.
Posted Thursday 11/09/17 at 2:25PM EST
Alex Borstein will lose half of her Family Guy money in divorce
Borstein’s ex-husband, Gilmore Girls alum Jackson Douglas, will get half of her royalties and residuals that she made during their marriage as part of their divorce settlement.
Posted Monday 11/06/17 at 4:12PM EST
Family Guy made a joke about director Brett Ratner being a creep in 2012.
Seth MacFarlane once again proves prescient about another accused sexual harasser.
Posted Saturday 11/04/17 at 1:58AM EDT
Carrie Fisher’s second-to-last Family Guy episode airs Sunday
Fisher, who recorded her final episodes for the Fox animated series shortly before her death last December, will make her final appearance a month from now. The show also plans to pay tribute to Fisher and give closure to her Angela character next fall. “The way we’ve written it, and the way that our characters on the show are talking about Angela, it’s very much intended and a respectful goodbye to both the character of Angela and also Carrie Fisher,” says executive producer Steve Callaghan.
Posted Monday 10/30/17 at 3:16PM EDT
House of Cards to end after Season 6
Word of the pioneer Netflix drama’s end follows the allegation that Kevin Spacey attempted to molest actor Anthony Rapp, who was then a 14-year-old boy. The Hollywood Reporter’s Michael O’Connell says the “official word on its conclusion” has been “in the works since the summer.” House of Cards was greenlighted in 2011, long before streaming services were seen as a place for original programming. “The show has seen critical affection wax and wane over the years, but it has remained the de facto flagship at an increasingly diversified Netflix,” says O’Connell.
- Netflix has been silent on the Kevin Spacey allegation -- and on Harvey Weinstein
- House of Cards creator Beau Willimon calls Kevin Spacey allegations “deeply troubling”
- Family Guy joked about Kevin Spacey’s alleged interest in minors in a 2005 episode
- GLAAD slams Spacey: “Coming out stories should not be used to deflect from allegations of sexual assault”
- UPDATE: Netflix and House of Cards producer Media Rights Capital said in a statement they “are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey. In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”