J.B. SmooveLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 10/13/17 at 11:28PM EDT
Larry David’s daughter isn’t ashamed to admit her favorite show is Curb Your Enthusiasm
Source: W Magazine
“It’s my favorite show, how embarrassing is that?” says 23-year-old Cazzie David, who met her boyfriend, Pete Davidson, when her dad hosted SNL. “I have to hide if I’m watching it when someone is coming over. It’s so weird if I’m watching it.” ALSO: J.B. Smoove teases a Leon spinoff.
Posted Monday 10/02/17 at 8:13PM EDT
After a six-year absence, Larry David hasn’t lost his Curb Your Enthusiasm fastball
“The 2011 season was mostly underwhelming, with a couple of Hall of Fame episodes mixed in; would these new ones feel even rustier?” Alan Sepinwall writes, after fearing Curb might have lost its edge after so much time away. “Thankfully, ‘Foisted!’ felt like… well, like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Not a pantheon installment — which, given how many amazing episodes the show has done over close to 20 years, is no sin — but wickedly funny at times, and effective at both bringing us back into the fold and setting up this season’s storylines.”
- How Larry David landed on that season-long arc idea
- The season premiere was a mixed bag of celebrity cameos and provocative jokes
- Nothing has changed, which is both a blessing and a curse
- Curb really has no reason to change — it’s great how it is
- Curb is still funny, but the same jokes are becoming a bit stale
- Susie Essman admires her character: “she's a very solid person”
- Curb producer doesn’t fear any real-world consequences to this season’s storyline
- J.B. Smoove recounts his crazy Curb audition story
Is there a link between Ryan Gosling’s Drive and Curb?
Posted Friday 9/29/17 at 11:05PM EDT
Curb Your Enthusiasm had six years worth of awkwardness to unleash, resulting in denser, longer episodes
Larry David’s HBO comedy will be slightly different when it returns Sunday after a six-year hiatus -- not only will episodes will be super-sized, they'll also be denser. Executive producer Jeff Schaffer explains, “That’s the one thing we were rusty at: Guestimating how long these shows were going to be based on how much we were putting in. We were in the editing room last week editing episodes nine and 10 and I asked, “How could we have ever thought this show could have been a half hour?” We went back to look at the outline and said, “What were we thinking? There are like 30 scenes!” The longest run time is going to be episode 10, the season finale. I don’t have an exact time because we haven’t finished editing it, but it’s big. Closer to an hour. HBO was very generous with their time!
- If he does another season, David won’t wait five years
- David recalls starting filming on the morning after Trump was elected
- J.B. Smoove is the true star of Curb — Leon Black steals the show
- Curb’s first two episodes of the season — which TV critics did not see in advance -- are pretty, pretty good
- Ranking every Curb episode: "Palestinian Chicken" is No. 1
- Another ranking of every episode: "The Freak Book" is No. 1
- Curb’s Top 10 food moments
How Curb Your Enthusiasm heals the world
Posted Thursday 9/14/17 at 2:43PM EDT
J.B. Smoove has written an advice book in the voice of his Curb Your Enthusiasm character
Leon Black will offer “good bad advice” in The Book of Leon: Philosophy of a Fool.