James CordenLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 8/08/18 at 12:22PM EDT
James Corden: Kanye West has canceled "Carpool Karaoke" filming "twice, maybe even three times"
The Late Late Show host discussed the rapper with West's mother-in-law, Kris Jenner, during a game of “Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts." "He canceled once as I was turning the corner to his house," Corden said. "I was in a car and by the time the call finished, I was outside his house, and they were like, ‘He’s not in the zone for it right now. We’ll do it another time.'" West's last-minute change of plans cost The Late Show $45,000.
Posted Tuesday 8/07/18 at 10:55PM EDT
Ariana Grande suffered an injury while filming "Carpool Karaoke"
The singer posted an image of her bandaged hand in her Instagram stories without detailing her injury. "Well Mr. Corden, today is off to a wild start," she said.
Posted Tuesday 8/07/18 at 2:27PM EDT
CBS is expanding Paul McCartney's "Carpool Karaoke" segment for a primetime special
Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live From Liverpool will air on Monday, Aug. 20 at 8 p.m., featuring never-before-seen footage that wasn't shown in James Corden's already-long 24-minute segment. "After the shoot, while we sat in the edit, we had to cut so much we loved for time," says Late Late Show executive producer Ben Winston. "Not only did Paul do a concert in that Liverpool pub, but James and he discussed so much in the car. We are so delighted CBS has given us this primetime special to make an hour-long version of this ‘Carpool Karaoke.’ Now everyone can see the joy of that concert and more of their chat.” ALSO: Ariana Grande is next up for a "Carpool Karaoke" segment.
Posted Friday 7/27/18 at 1:14PM EDT
Tom Cruise forces James Corden to skydive
Source: The A.V. Club
The Late Late Show host looked genuinely terrified participating in the stunt to help promote Mission: Impossible — Fallout.
Posted Wednesday 7/18/18 at 1:42PM EDT
Jillian Bell to take on the James Corden role on Showtime's remake of The Wrong Mans
The comedic actress and Workaholics alum will star opposite Ben Schwartz on the Showtime comedy pilot based on the BBC TV series co-created and co-starring Corden. Bell will play the role of Anna, which is based on Corden's Phil on the original version of The Wrong Mans.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Friday 6/22/18 at 11:17AM EDT
James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke" with Paul McCartney was an emotional journey
The Late Late Show host teared up during the special segment that on YouTube runs nearly 24 minutes. "Ok, so here it is," tweeted Corden. "Quite possibly the best #CarpoolKaraoke we’ve done so far. I hope you like it. I’ll never ever forget it. Take a breath and jump in."
Posted Thursday 6/21/18 at 1:11PM EDT
Dave Grohl: James Corden sent me an angry text after I called the "Carpool Karaoke" experience "a little uncomfortable"
Last fall, Grohl and his fellow Foo Fighters bandmates revealed how grueling the "Carpool Karaoke" process is, with guitarist Pat Smear saying, "by hour three in dude’s car it got less fun." Grohl tells The Sun he got an angry text from The Late Late Show host soon after the band's comments were published. “I got a f*cking text from him that morning. He was like, ‘What the f*ck, dude?'" said Grohl. “I was like, ‘Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!’" Grohl said he told Corden, "What we were trying to say was it was uncomfortable to sit in a car and try to sing our own songs... we felt weird about it."
Posted Wednesday 6/20/18 at 1:32PM EDT
James Corden gets Cher to eat cow tongue rather than say something nice about President Trump
The pop icon was part of Tuesday's Late Late Show in London, where she played “Spill Your Guts." ALSO: Tuesday's episode marked Corden's 500th Late Late Show.
Posted Tuesday 6/19/18 at 1:32PM EDT
Andrew Lloyd Webber got to take in James Corden's "Crosswalk: The Musical" tribute to him
The Late Late Show's London crosswalk musical tribute, featuring special guest Josh Gad, was made for an audience of one.
Posted Monday 6/18/18 at 8:27PM EDT
Paul McCartney sings behind the wheel in his first "Carpool Karaoke" footage
James Corden's Late Late Show offered a taste of The Beatles legend driving through the streets of Liverpool for the hit segment. McCartney's "Carpool Karaoke" segment is scheduled to air on Thursday, Corden's final night in London.
Posted Thursday 6/14/18 at 10:21PM EDT
James Corden grapples with how to tackle politics on The Late Late Show
Source: The Daily Beast
“We never ever avoid politics. Not once,” The Late Late Show host stresses in an interview with The Daily Beast. But Corden acknowledges that he follows "Stephen (Colbert)’s show, which I think it’s safe to say is a very political show," adding: “We talk about it every night on our show. But we also feel like what we don’t want to do is make the same show as everybody else.” Corden doesn't want to be known for being political, especially as a foreigner, but he isn't a Trump fan. “It’s important to remember however disenfranchised you might feel or however disconnected you might feel from each other, the truth is that the majority of this country didn’t vote for Donald Trump to be our president,” he says. “The majority of this country wants greater restrictions on guns. The majority of this country does want America to be a place of hope and joy and love. I really do believe that is the majority of people. I think you’ve always got to remember that. However much your Twitter feed might tell you differently, if you look around there are little patches of miracles happening everywhere.”
Posted Wednesday 6/13/18 at 1:59PM EDT
James Corden teases Paul McCartney's "Carpool Karaoke"; Andrew Lloyd Webber to participate in "Crosswalk the Musical"
The Late Late Show host offered a picture of McCartney's "Carpool Karaoke" visit to his hometown of Liverpool, which airs next week. The CBS late-night show returns to London next Monday through Thursday, featuring the musical legend Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cher, Damian Lewis, J.J. Abrams, Ruth Wilson and Corden working at The Savoy for his "Take a Break" segment.
Posted Tuesday 6/12/18 at 1:37PM EDT
James Corden says he stopped eating meat after reading a story about the mistreatment of animals
Source: The Independent
“At Christmas, I read a story about the mistreatment of elephants and realized I was upset about animal welfare while eating a bacon sandwich,” The Late Late Show host told Radio Times magazine of his newfound vegetarianism, adding: "I thought, 'Well, you really can't be upset about elephants and not think about the pigs. I hope I can keep it up. I will certainly try."
Posted Monday 6/11/18 at 2:37PM EDT
Paul McCartney filmed an extended "Carpool Karaoke" in Liverpool with James Corden
Corden visited The Beatles' hometown in advance of The Late Late Show's upcoming return trip to London.