Jane LynchLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 8/15/18 at 7:08PM EDT
Jane Lynch is returning to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to reprise her Emmy-nominated role
Lynch earned an Emmy nomination for her guest appearance as Sophie Lennon, the top female comedian in New York.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Monday 3/19/18 at 5:26PM EDT
NBC renews Hollywood Game Night
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
The Jane Lynch-hosted game show will return for a 13-episode sixth season.
Posted Thursday 2/01/18 at 2:23PM EST
Jane Lynch on Glee co-star Mark Salling: “He was a troubled, troubled guy, and he always was”
Source: Us Weekly
Lynch says the late actor "was a hard guy to get to know,” but recalled that he was happy being on the Paramount Studios lot filming Glee. “It’s been tough,” she tells Us Weekly. “He was a troubled, troubled guy, and he always was. This is a very sad end to it, but I know that he’s at peace now. He’s in the arms of a beneficent force.”
Posted Tuesday 1/30/18 at 4:45PM EST
Glee fans are torn about Mark Salling’s death
As one Glee fan put it in reacting to this morning’s news, “Mark Salling did horrible things that he hadn’t yet face[d] the consequences for, but he also played a part in a show that meant the world to a lot of people,” wrote one Twitter user. “It’s okay to have mixed feelings, without defending him. But remember that suicide is never the answer.” Salling was awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to possessing child pornography, facing four to six years in prison. According to The Blast, Salling’s family reported him missing early this morning fearing he was suicidal. ALSO: Glee cast and crew react to Salling’s death -- Jane Lynch is "brokenhearted."
Posted Friday 10/20/17 at 5:48PM EDT
Jane Lynch may host a celebrity-free daytime talk show
A “feel-good, variety show” is being developed for the Glee alum and Hollywood Game Night host that would be shot in front of a live audience. According to Deadline, the show would showcase Lynch's "comedic take/spin on everything from pop culture moments to real people with unique, uplifting stories.” As Deadline notes, Lynch is a seasoned host, having hosted the Emmys and scoring two Emmys for hosting Hollywood Game Night.
Posted Tuesday 9/12/17 at 3:42PM EDT
Will & Grace gets Jane Lynch and Andrew Rannells to appear together
Source: Entertainment Weekly
The Glee alum and Girls vet have booked a one-episode appearance on NBC’s revival of the hit sitcom, but their roles haven’t yet been revealed.
Posted Thursday 9/07/17 at 3:13PM EDT
CBS will celebrate The Carol Burnett Show’s 50th anniversary with a star-studded 2-hour special
The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special, airing on Dec. 3 will film on Stage 33 of CBS Television City, the show’s original soundstage. Burnett will reminisce with original cast members Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner. She’ll also be joined by Jim Carrey, Jay Leno, Stephen Colbert, Jane Lynch, Bernadette Peters, Martin Short, Kristin Chenoweth and others.
# TOPICS: CBS, The Carol Burnett Show, The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary Special, Bernadette Peters, Carol Burnett, Jane Lynch, Jay Leno, Jim Carrey, Kristin Chenoweth, Lyle Waggoner, Martin Short, Stephen Colbert, Vicki Lawrence, Retro TV