Jimmy FallonLatest News and Opinion
Posted Thursday 9/20/18 at 1:16PM EDT
Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart returned to high school
Source: Entertainment Weekly
As part of Hart's co-hosting stint on The Tonight Show, he and Fallon took over a high school in Queens for a day that included gym, algebra, lunch and graduation.
Posted Monday 9/17/18 at 4:43PM EDT
Jimmy Fallon and Yara Shahidi get animated for a Schoolhouse Rock-inspired voting PSA
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
See The Tonight Show host and the Grown-ish star in the animated get-out-the-vote ad for the midterm election.
Posted Thursday 9/13/18 at 1:29PM EDT
Jimmy Fallon's Central Park Tonight Show will feature cameos from stars like Justin Bieber
“It’s a giant deal for us. No late night show has done it,” Fallon said of The Tonight Show tonight becoming the first-ever late-night show to broadcast from New York City's Central Park. “We have a couple of surprises,” Fallon teased to People. “We went out and already shot a thing in Central Park with a pal of ours. I don’t want to say his name (but) it rhymes with ‘Justin Greeber.’ Anyway, it’s a really dumb bit and it’s really funny.”
Posted Wednesday 9/12/18 at 11:54PM EDT
Aerosmith joins Jimmy Fallon and The Roots to perform "Walk This Way" with classroom instruments
Steven Tyler and his bandmates are the latest musicians to participate in The Tonight Show's "Classroom Instruments" bit.
Posted Wednesday 9/12/18 at 6:27PM EDT
Kevin Hart to co-host The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
Hart will sit in with Fallon on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
Posted Wednesday 9/12/18 at 1:11PM EDT
Norm Macdonald: The Tonight Show wanted me to apologize for my controversial #MeToo comments
Macdonald detailed to Howard Stern this morning how he ended up being dropped from last night's Tonight Show at the last minute following outrage over his interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he portrayed Louis CK and Roseanne Barr as victims. According to TVLine, Macdonald said when he arrived at his dressing room, Tonight Show producers made it clear that Fallon would have to acknowledge his comments, and they urged him to apologize at the beginning of his appearance. Then Fallon himself stopped by and asked, “How should we play this?” Macdonald agreed to address the comments at the end of the interview. But Macdonald said Fallon's producers didn't like that idea, adding that they were "crying" over the idea of letting him appear on-air. “He was very broken up about it, he didn’t want this,” Macdonald said to Stern. “Jimmy said, ‘Come back whenever you want, but I think it will hurt the show tonight,'” Macdonald said, adding: “I said, ‘Jimmy, that’s the last thing I want to do, is hurt your show.” Macdonald said he understood where Fallon was coming from. “Part of the reason I love (Jimmy) is because he does nothing about the news," said Macdonald. "He’s just a song-and-dance man. He’s not a political comedian.” Macdonald, who apologized on Twitter for his comments after the cancelation, also explained to Stern that "I’m totally behind the #MeToo movement," adding that he wasn't saying what Roseanne and Louis CK have experienced "was way worse than what victims went through. What the victims went through is horrible.”
- The Tonight Show's cancelation is a reminder of how safe Fallon plays it: "Navigating complex issues presented by Macdonald’s dust-up — without fear of embarrassment — requires a host with intellectual heft, a broad sensibility and courage to confront. Jimmy Fallon has yet to prove he bears such qualities," says Colby Hall, adding: "As we saw last night, Mr. Fallon hides from the task of confronting meaningful topics moving the public discourse."
- Macdonald told Stern he was confused during his Hollywood Reporter interview because "I'm a dumb f*cking guy"
- Macdonald's "apology" was a bunch of words resembling an apology, but meant nothing at all
- Macdonald says The Comedy Cellar should give women traumatized by Louis CK's surprise standup $200 each: "I think they could get through the trauma if they were paid $200 and could buy some nice shoes."
Posted Tuesday 9/11/18 at 12:52PM EDT
Maya Rudolph cracks up Jimmy Fallon by doing an impression of him
Source: E! Online
The Tonight Show host gave his former SNL colleague, who was visiting with fellow SNL alum Fred Armisen, "an E for effort" for her Fallon impression.
Posted Friday 9/07/18 at 12:18PM EDT
Paul McCartney and Jimmy Fallon prank tourists on 30 Rock elevators
Watch their Tonight Show bit, surprising fans who were simply riding elevators for NBC Studios tour.
Posted Thursday 8/30/18 at 1:33AM EDT
Stephen Colbert recalls his anxiety and Xanax past, defends Jimmy Fallon and explains why Trump's actions haven't surprised him
Source: Rolling Stone
The Late Show host said in an extensive Rolling Stone Q&A that he'd have severe anxiety and panic attacks early in his career, when he was 29. "I was actually medicated. I mean, in the most common, prosaic way," he said. "Xanax was just lovely. Y’know, for a while. And then I realized that the gears were still smoking. I just couldn’t hear them anymore." Colbert said he stopped taking Xanax after nine days and decided to just suffer through his anxiety. Colbert also stuck up for his friend Jimmy Fallon's infamous Donald Trump hair-tousling incident. "I think that’s a completely unfair critique of Jimmy Fallon’s show," he says. "You do not go to Jimmy Fallon’s show for political satire or even political discussion. He’s an entertainer and he’s brilliant. People blame his ratings on that. But I think people just have a different appetite right now for political comedy. I think it’s highly overblown, that hair-ruffling thing." As for Trump being elected president, Colbert said: "I was shocked, and I was dismayed, but I will say this: There is nothing that has happened since Trump became president that wasn’t in my fear matrix about him. Now, all the horrors that you can see dawning on my face on that Showtime special have only been borne out. Nothing about Trump and Putin, nothing about his caging children, nothing about him saying, 'There’s good people on both sides.' Nothing about his handing the reins of power over to just a rogues’ gallery of anti-regulation, pro-pollution, anti-union, anti-women (officials) in any way surprises me. It’s all what I thought would happen. Which is why I was truly horrified."
Posted Friday 8/17/18 at 1:55PM EDT
Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show will air from Central Park for one night in September
T-Mobile will present the Thursday, Sept. 13 event, with plans for a nationwide sweepstakes to send fans to New York for the special taping.
Posted Wednesday 7/25/18 at 3:24AM EDT
Report: President Trump raged at his staff after spotting CNN on Melania's Trump's TV set aboard Air Force One
Source: The New York Times
The New York Times reports that Trump's recent reaction caused a "bit of a stir" aboard Air Force One. The Times says it's a White House rule that Trump and his entourage's TV sets are tuned to Fox News at the beginning of each flight. The Times obtained an email confirming that all TVs would be tuned to Fox News as standard operating procedure going forward. The same email also called for the president and the first lady to have separate TV set Tivo-like streaming device Beam in their separate hotel rooms when they travel.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Thursday 7/05/18 at 12:34PM EDT
Watch Jimmy Fallon recycle the same bad joke over and over again
Source: The A.V. Club
A YouTuber has put together a compilation of The Tonight Show host telling the same joke from his "Screengrabs" segment.
Posted Monday 7/02/18 at 9:21AM EDT
Jimmy Fallon announces his first Tonight Show summer book club pick
Source: The Verge
Author Tomi Adeyemi's young adult fantasy novel Children of Blood and Bone beat out four other books by a wide margin to become Fallon's first book club pick.
Posted Friday 6/29/18 at 1:21PM EDT
Backstreet Boys join Jimmy Fallon and The Roots to perform "I Want It That Way" with classroom instruments
Fallon rocked several instruments for the latest version of the "classroom instrument" series.