Kit HaringtonLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 1/18/19 at 7:23AM EST
Kit Harington now owns Game of Thrones' Jon Snow crypt statue
“I kept that statue," Harington said of the statue featured in the new Game of Thrones promo. "You know, the one in the crypt. I kept it, they sent it to my house. So I’ve got it in my shed. How sad is that? I was the only one who kept their statue that’s how narcissistic I am.” ALSO: Sophie Turner wasn't allowed to wash her hair while filming Game of Thrones.
Posted Wednesday 1/16/19 at 2:04PM EST
Kit Harington thinks the Game of Thrones finale will change television
"I'm so excited for people to see it," Harington said on a British radio show. "I think it’s going to be extraordinary, hopefully it’ll change TV again like it did originally, and break boundaries. I think it might." ALSO: This Is Us gives a Game of Thrones shoutout.
Posted Wednesday 1/09/19 at 6:49AM EST
Kit Harington says the cast became "f*cking sick of this" filming Game of Thrones' final season
"The last season of Thrones, seemed to be designed to break us. Everyone was broken at the end," Harington tells GQ Australia. "I don’t know if we were crying because we were sad it was ending or if we were crying because it was so f*cking tiring." He adds: "We were sleep deprived. It was like it was designed to make you think, 'Right, I’m f*cking sick of this.' I remember everyone walking around towards the end going, 'I’ve had enough now. I love this, it’s been the best thing in my life, I’ll miss it one day -- but I’m done.'"
Posted Thursday 12/13/18 at 8:23PM EST
George R.R. Martin unveils an image of the giant ice spiders that have yet to make it on Game of Thrones
Source: Entertainment Weekly
It's not known if the spiders will appear in the final season. ALSO: Watch Kit Harington audition with a dragon.
Posted Tuesday 12/04/18 at 5:50PM EST
Game of Thrones' The Night King actor reveals a major final season spoiler
Speaking at a fan convention in Hungary, Slovakian actor Vladimír Furdík revealed when the epic Season 8 battle will take place. He also said the creators intended the battle to be a "historic moment in television." ALSO: Kit Harington is done playing Jon Snow -- he won't reprise the role for any spinoff.
Posted Thursday 11/01/18 at 12:44PM EDT
Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow in the first glimpse of Game of Thrones' final season
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington grace the cover of EW's first look at Season 8. “It’s relentless; scenes that would have been a one-day shoot five years ago are now a five-day shoot,” says Harington. “They want to get it right, they want to shoot everything every single way so they have options.” Clarke adds that camera "checks take longer, costumes are a bit better, hair and makeup a bit sharper — every choice, every conversation, every attitude, has this air of ‘this is it.’ Everything feels more intense.” Meanwhile, co-executive producer Bryan Cogman describes the final season as "all of these disparate characters coming together to face a common enemy, dealing with their own past, and defining the person they want to be in the face of certain death. It’s an incredibly emotional haunting bittersweet final season and I think it honors very much what (George R.R. Martin) set out to do — which is flipping this kind of story on its head.” ALSO: Producers originally suggested making the final season three two-hour movies.
Posted Friday 9/21/18 at 1:26PM EDT
Kit Harington confirms theory of Jon Snow's post-resurrection hair on Game of Thrones
"They wanted me to look more like Ned Stark," Harington told Refinery29 at the Emmys when asked about Jon Snow's sudden preference for an updo hairstyle. "There's a real reason behind (my hairstyle)," he added, "to show how the story was evolving."
Posted Wednesday 9/12/18 at 11:54PM EDT
Kit Harington: "Not everyone's gonna be happy" with Game of Thrones' final season
Source: ET Canada
"I think a TV series that’s spanned eight, nine years is an incredibly difficult thing to end,” he tells MTV. “I think not everyone’s going to be happy, you know, and you can’t please everyone.”
Posted Monday 9/10/18 at 8:51PM EDT
Kit Harington explains why he hasn't chopped off his Game of Thrones hair
Source: Entertainment Weekly
“We just finished filming. You can’t tell because I look exactly the same,” the actor joked while promoting a movie at the Toronto International Film Festival. “They own me; they’ve just kept me like this."
Posted Friday 7/13/18 at 11:36PM EDT
Kit Harington has been "quite emotional" since wrapping Game of Thrones on July 5
"I've always enjoyed (the show's) success," he said in an interview this week on BBC2 Radio. "It's just been this amazing journey, and I said to them on my wrap speech that it's always been more than a job. It's like they were a family, and it was my life, and I've loved every minute. I've been quite emotional the last week, thinking about having finished it."
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Monday 6/25/18 at 6:21AM EDT
One obsessed Game of Thrones fan watched Kit Harington and Rose Leslie's wedding from a bush
Source: ET Canada
The Twitter user, who posted video from his vantage point, was alternately praised and called creepy for his efforts.
Posted Saturday 6/23/18 at 6:10PM EDT
Kit Harington and Rose Leslie tie the knot before their Game of Thrones co-stars
Source: E! Online
Check out a photo gallery from outside their wedding ceremony, which took place in a castle in Aberdeen, Scotland. The pair started dating in 2012 after meeting on the set of the HBO series.
Posted Friday 6/22/18 at 5:17PM EDT
Game of Thrones stars arrive in Scotland ahead of Kit Harington and Rose Leslie's wedding on Saturday
Co-creator Dan Weiss was spotted at the Aberdeen Airport with Peter Dinklage. Sophie Turner was also seen arriving. Harington and Leslie, who met on the Game of Thrones set, are scheduled to wed at a historic Scottish castle in Aberdeen.
Posted Tuesday 6/19/18 at 1:32PM EDT
Kit Harington is planning for a "short-short" haircut: "I’ll need to get rid of Jon Snow"
Source: Entertainment Weekly
“I’d like to step away and enjoy the obscurity, cut my hair, make myself less recognizable as the character, and go do and some other things with a completely new look and tone,” the Game of Thrones star tells EW of his plans when he's done with the HBO series. “Short-short. The beard will be harder to get rid of—I quite like the beard. I like having the long hair and beard both, but it will be like a ritualistic thing. I can’t go into my next role looking the same. This role was brilliant, but I’ll need to get rid of Jon Snow.”