TV news and opinion from across the web,
curated by Norman Weiss.

Lincoln Adim

Latest News and Opinion
  • Posted Monday 6/18/18 at 8:27PM EDT How did The Bachelorette casting process go so wrong this season?

    Last August, ABC reality chief Robert Mills said The Bachelor franchise would improve its casting process following the Bachelor in Paradise scandal and The Bachelorette contestant Lee Garrett's racist tweets controversy. "We’re in uncharted territory. Now we’ve realized that we’ll look at social media accounts and look through carefully,” Mills said. “Going forward, we’ll be looking at all of that, in addition to the background checks, which of course give you criminal records and all of that.” Yet from the Garrett Yrigoyen’s unsavory social media activity to Lincoln Adim's criminal conviction for sexual assault, it's clear the franchise's casting process needs an overhaul. “I just find it very hard to believe that a well-respected and a well-paid third party that was hired by the show to do background checks couldn’t do a better job than a nanny who had an hour to spare,” says former Bachelor contestant Emily Spivey, who helped uncover Adim's criminal activity. “It is unacceptable that they aren’t taking bigger strides to prevent casting racists, bigots, and now sexual offenders.”

    # TOPICS: The Bachelorette, ABC, The Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, Becca Kufrin, Garrett Yrigoyen, Lee Garrett, Lincoln Adim, Robert Mills, Reality TV

  • Posted Thursday 6/14/18 at 4:48AM EDT Warner Bros. says its background check on Bachelorette contestant Lincoln Adim failed to turn up any criminal activity

    The Bachelorette producer Warner Bros. issued a lengthy statement in response to the revelation that Adim, who is currently starring on this season of the ABC reality show, was convicted of indecent assault and battery on May 21. “No one on the Bachelorette production had any knowledge about the incident or charges when Lincoln Adim was cast, and he himself denied ever having engaged in or been charged with any sexual misconduct,” Warner Bros said in its statement. “We employ a well-respected and highly experienced third party who has done thousands of background checks consistent with industry standards to do a nationwide background check in this case. The report we received did not reference any incident or charge relating to the recent conviction – or any other charges relating to sexual misconduct. We are currently investigating why the report did not contain this information, which we will share when we have it.”

    # TOPICS: The Bachelorette, ABC, Lincoln Adim, Crime, Reality TV

  • Posted Wednesday 6/13/18 at 1:59PM EDT Bachelorette contestant Lincoln Adim was convicted of indecent assault and battery last month after groping a woman on a cruise

    Reality Steve and Bachelor alum Ashley Spivey first reported that Adim, who is still on the current season of The Bachelorette through four episodes, was convicted of a serious crime in Boston that may result in him having to register as a sex offender. Spivey received the following statement from the Suffolk County District Attorney's office: "Mr. Adim was convicted on May 21, 2018 of indecent assault and battery for groping and assaulting an adult female on a harbor cruise ship early on May 30, 2016. He was sentenced to one year in a house of correction, with that term suspended for a two-year probationary period. The judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years. If he complies with the judge's orders, he will not have to serve out his term, but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars."

    # TOPICS: The Bachelorette, ABC, Becca Kufrin, Lincoln Adim, Crime, Reality TV, Sexual Misconduct

More TV Tattle: