Mandy MooreLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 7/25/18 at 1:49PM EDT
Jimmy Kimmel recalls when This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman was his receptionist
Kimmel joked to Mandy Moore that Fogelman was "crying all the time" when he worked as a receptionist on his and Adam Carolla's Comedy Central The Man Show on Comedy Central.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Monday 6/25/18 at 6:54PM EDT
Hollywood Walk of Fame's new star recipients include Kristen Bell, Candice Bergen, Lucy Liu, Guy Fieri and Alvin and the Chipmunks
Veronica Mars alum and The Good Place star Bell will be honored not for her TV work but for her resume as a movie actress. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce also announced that Sid and Marty Krofft, Stacy Keach, Dianne Wiest, the late Julia Child, Cedric the Entertainer, Judith Light, Idina Menzel, Mandy Moore, Terrence Howard, Tyler Perry, Robert De Niro and Dolly Parton will all be honored in 2019.
# TOPICS: Kristen Bell, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Candice Bergen, Cedric the Entertainer, Dolly Parton, Guy Fieri, Idina Menzel, Judith Light, Julia Child, Lucy Liu, Mandy Moore, Robert De Niro, Terrence Howard, Tyler Perry, Hollywood Walk of Fame
Posted Thursday 6/07/18 at 12:59AM EDT
Mandy Moore says she was "hurt" when Wilder Valderrama lied about taking her virginity
On Wednesday, the This Is Us star made her first visit on The Howard Stern Show -- where, 12 years earlier, her ex Valderrama described taking her virginity. “I dated him when I was 16 and 17. No,” she said when asked about his comments. “I love him and I still love him and he’s a very good friend, and that’s why I was so shocked by it. Because not only was it a fib, but it was so unlike him — it was so uncharacteristic.”
Posted Thursday 5/31/18 at 1:46PM EDT
Disney Channel renews Tangled: The Series
The animated adventure comedy starring Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi will return for a third season.
Posted Tuesday 5/15/18 at 10:53PM EDT
Oliver Hudson could've played Jack Pearson on This Is Us, but he decided to go fishing instead
Source: Us Weekly
The Splitting Up Together star tells The Ladygang podcast he did so well in his This Is Us audition that he was asked to do a chemistry read with Mandy Moore. "But this will tell you how much I love to fish," he said. "I had a 10-day fishing trip planned. It’s my life. Fishing is a big part of my life and it was this 10-day fishing trip. And my agent says, ‘We have to test, and they really like you, and this, this, and that.’ And I said, ‘Oh, I’m supposed to go on a fishing trip’… And he’s like, ‘Okay, yeah, so? I mean, this is a big thing,’” he revealed. “And I said, ‘You know what? I’m going to do my fishing trip.’”
Posted Monday 4/16/18 at 11:31PM EDT
Wild Wild Country's Ma Anand Sheela has evolved from cult leader to criminal to meme
Why can’t we look away from Sheela? Perhaps it's because of her Trump-esque style, says Inkoo Kang, who adds: "It’s more than likely that Sheela has become a social media star among 'leftists' not just because she speaks with the pithy, unswerving certainty of a meme, but because she represents the change that was happening to America, and is happening still." ALSO: Mandy Moore threw a Wild Wild Country-themed party.
Posted Wednesday 4/11/18 at 5:05AM EDT
Milo Ventimiglia can only name two of Mandy Moore's songs
Andy Cohen grilled the actor on his This Is Us co-star's pop star past on Watch What Happens Live, asking him to name three of her songs.
Posted Thursday 3/15/18 at 5:20AM EDT
This Is Us isn’t a particularly good television show, but it’s an excellent pressure release valve
Todd VanDerWerff wonders why the NBC drama turns off some TV critics, while its massive audience keeps tuning in. He has come to the conclusion that This Is Us is "one of the most necessary shows in America right now," especially in allowing viewers to release their emotions and cry. "There’s a subset of Americans who overvalue our stoicism, who see it as projecting a kind of calm, steady strength to those around us, and to the rest of the world when all of that stoicism combines into a national aggregate," he says. "But This Is Us is about the dangers of not feeling your feelings, about what happens when you bottle everything up and repress it. What’s more, it wants to give its audience a safe space every week to feel those emotions, to process their own grief and sorrow and even joy. All of the things I don’t like about it aren’t flaws. They’re the whole point."
- The Season 2 finale confirmed This Is Us is no longer comfort food
- Season 2 wasn't great, but the season finale was a "much stronger conclusion than the season seemed capable of even a few weeks ago"
- Go inside Mandy Moore's trailer as she's transformed into Older Rebecca
- Chrissy Metz reveals what intimate scene was cut from the finale
- Ranking This Is Us' seven best plot twists
Posted Tuesday 3/13/18 at 4:57PM EDT
This Is Us stars made 3D-printed copies of their SAG Award trophies to distribute to the child cast
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Milo Ventimiglia joined his cast at SXSW in reflecting on the massive success of This Is Us. So far, he said, his one concern is that is that the show "gets kicked in the teeth at every awards show we've been to." So when the cast did win a SAG Award for outstanding performance at an ensemble, Ventimiglia and Mandy Moore took their trophies to a 3D printing store to make six replicas for the show's child stars. "It wasn't the real statue but also, from mom and dad, wanted them to know hey, we love you guys and you should have a representation siting on your mantel," said Ventimiglia, with Moore adding, "You're just as much a part of this as everybody else."
- Mandy Moore: "I’m really proud to be part of a show that is so inclusive, during such a divisive time in this country"
- Susan Kelechi Watson: "It’s nice to have these episodes where it’s, not necessarily lighter, but it’s happier. It’s joyful"
- Ventimiglia hopes fans seeing Old Man Jack in his 70s will "maybe soften the blow a little bit"
Posted Tuesday 2/06/18 at 4:08PM EST
This Is Us executive producer: “The plan is we’ll be seeing even more of Jack”
Milo Ventimiglia will appear on tonight’s episode and in the rest of the series, according to executive producer John Requa. “The plan is we’ll be seeing even more of Jack. We’re not putting a period on anything,” he says. Requa also recalls the “almost four days” it took “just to shoot that one little sequence” to open the post-Super Bowl episode. It was particularly difficult because they shot the sequence in the mountains away from everybody in an effort to maintain secrecy “We had to build a house out in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains,” he says. “We also shot at the actual house and we had to make it seem like it was seamlessly in one place. It was quite an undertaking. It was feature-film-level undertaking.”
Posted Monday 2/05/18 at 3:25PM EST
Mandy Moore says the This Is Us cast is “tremendously relieved” to know how Jack died
“I think all of us are tremendously relieved,” Moore said on Today. “Milo (Ventimiglia) and I have known since the very beginning — not all of the specifics around how he passes away. But it’s nice to pop that bubble a little bit and now we can move forward with the show and answer more pressing questions as well.”
Posted Thursday 2/01/18 at 6:10PM EST
Mandy Moore said she watched This Is Us’ Super Bowl episode with the cast last night, “and I’m still not okay”
Moore revealed her reaction to the Super Bowl episode via her Instagram Stories.
Posted Wednesday 11/29/17 at 12:21AM EST
Here are 13 women who could’ve hosted the Golden Globes instead of Seth Meyers
Source: Fast Company
In response to Forbes praising Meyers as “a feminist host" for the Globes, Fast Company offers a rebuttal, arguing that top female stars like Kristen Bell, Ellen DeGeneres, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones could’ve easily hosted next year’s Globes.
# TOPICS: Amber Ruffin, Andrea Martin, Chrissy Metz, Debra Messing, Ellen DeGeneres, Jenny Hagel, Kate McKinnon, Kristen Bell, Leslie Jones, Mandy Moore, Megan Mullally, Meghan Markle, Mindy Kaling, Seth Meyers, Golden Globe Awards, Lists, Women and TV
Posted Saturday 9/02/17 at 3:23AM EDT
Mandy Moore is sporting a black eye and stitches after she was hit with a shower door handle
Source: Us Weekly
“Real talk: how does a girl get rid of a black eye pronto?” the This Is Us star asked on Instagram