Marvel’s Cloak & DaggerLatest News and Opinion
Posted Saturday 7/21/18 at 1:37AM EDT
Freeform renews Cloak & Dagger for Season 2
The Marvel teen superhero drama has been picked up for a 10-episode second season to air in spring 2019. ALSO: Cloak & Dagger finally referenced the larger Marvel universe.
Posted Tuesday 6/12/18 at 6:33PM EDT
Marvel's Cloak & Dagger delivers Freeform's best series launch in two years
About 1.64 million total viewers watched last week's premiere of the young-superhero drama.
Posted Thursday 6/07/18 at 10:08PM EDT
Freeform's Marvel teen series Cloak & Dagger offers a more conceptual aspect to the superhero story
The Marvel series about teenagers connected by their superpowers is more than just a moody teen drama, says Charles Pulliam-Moore. "Unlike a lot of Marvel’s other television shows, Cloak & Dagger is relatively light on the traditional comic book-y action, and because of that, the show instead focuses on a more conceptual aspect of their superpowers," he says. "When Tyrone and Tandy make physical contact with other people, they’re able to glimpse into their souls and see either their darkest fears or brightest hopes. Though the kids don’t initially understand what they’re doing, in time they come to use that particular aspect of their abilities to move through the world as more understanding, empathic people."
- Unlike other Marvel series, Cloak & Dagger challenges its white audience to look critically at preconceived views about the relationship between race and class
- Cloak & Dagger doesn't rush itself, a gutsy move for a weekly teen series hoping to capture the short attention span of young viewers
- Cloak & Dagger finds its identity and gives viewers a reason to invest after a rocky start
- Stars Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt recount their very unusual audition
- Executive producer Joe Pokaski explains how the characters, first introduced in 1982, were made relevant in 2018
Posted Thursday 1/18/18 at 9:48PM EST
Freeform gets a new logo and tagline -- “A little forward”
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
The younger-skewing cable channel is undergoing a makeover two years after transitioning from ABC Family. "At Freeform, we’re purposefully and passionately moving our brand forward by defying expectations and dismantling conventions; busting stereotypes of theme, cast and culture in service to a more inclusive world on and off screen,” said Freeform president Tom Ascheim. He also promoted a video using words like "sweet," "funny," "scary" and "desperate" to describe Freeform’s programming.
- Freeform renews Black-ish spinoff Grown-ish for Season 2
- The Bold Type’s Season 2 premiere set for June 12; Nikohl Boosheri and Stephen Conrad Moore promoted to series regulars
- Famous in Love returns for Season 2 on April 4
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger premieres June 7
- Freeform reveals a trailer for Siren mermaid thriller
# TOPICS: Freeform, Black-ish, The Bold Type, Famous in Love, Grown-ish, Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, Siren, Nikohl Boosheri, Stephen Conrad Moore, Tom Ascheim, Cancellations, Renewals & Pickups, Trailers & Teasers