Mustafa ShakirLatest News and Opinion
Posted Monday 10/22/18 at 10:08AM EDT
Luke Cage creator thanks Marvel and Netflix following cancelation
"A lot memories," tweeted Cheo Hodari Coker hours after Netflix's abrupt cancelation on Friday. "A lot of individual thank you calls to make. Just want to say thank you to Marvel, Netflix, the best Writer’s room, cast, crew, the Midnight Hour, all those who graced the stage at Harlem’s Paradise and the most incredible fan base in the world. Forward always..."
Posted Friday 6/29/18 at 10:56PM EDT
Luke Cage creator on the Season 2 twist: "We wanted to f*ck with people's heads"
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Cheo Hodari Coker, a former music journalist, says reading reviews of the Netflix and Marvel series influenced his approach to Season 2. "Maybe it comes from being a critic, because I've criticized before, so I understand critics, for better or for worse," says Coker. "The conventional wisdom was the show fell off after episode seven (of season one). And one of the most critical voices, in a great way, was from Angelica Jade Bastién at Vulture. She wrote these episodic recaps, and some of them were scathing, but they were so beautifully written. One of things she wrote about was, 'I wish they had spent more time trying to imagine who Cage is as a man, instead of just as a superhero.'" Coker says he took those words to heart. "Let's really think about how we can make sure that we're always telling the most compelling Luke Cage story that we can," he said he told his writers.
- Luke Cage is stronger in its second season by making the emotional lives of these characters so clear
- Focusing on the family rather than the usual superhero genre's convention trappings helped improve Luke Cage
- The best episodes of Luke Cage Season 2 prove it should be two separate shows
- Luke Cage doesn't know what to do with its strongest characters
- Did Luke Cage help rehabilitate Iron Fist?
- Mustafa Shakir talks about his breakout role as Bushmaster
- Simone Missick would like to see if fans can design the best Misty Knight arm
- Mike Colter discusses Season 2's shocking ending
- Colter would like to see an Obama cameo on Luke Cage
Posted Tuesday 6/12/18 at 1:37PM EDT
Marvel’s Luke Cage battles Alfre Woodard's "Queen" Mariah in second official trailer
The new Netflix trailer also shows Mustafa Shakir as “Bushmaster."
Posted Monday 5/07/18 at 12:30PM EDT
New Luke Cage trailer unveils villain Bushmaster
Mustafa Shakir's character wants to take Harlem for himself.