Nasim PedradLatest News and Opinion
Posted Monday 11/19/18 at 1:04PM EST
Why did No Activity crib Louis CK's "apology" word for word?
Louis CK's acknowledgement of his sexual misconduct, which was published in The New York Times one year ago this month, has been often referred to as an apology, even though he didn't use words like "sorry" or "I apologize." So why did the CBS All Access comedy use it word for word in the Season 2 premiere? Executive producer Nasim Pedrad said CK's apology was used "because he’s a prolific comedy mind, and obviously, as a human and a woman, it bothered me that he didn’t say the words ‘I’m sorry’ in it.”
Posted Sunday 4/15/18 at 3:10AM EDT
SNL gets Robert De Niro to interrogate Ben Stiller as Robert Mueller and Michael Cohen
Source: The Daily Beast
Saturday Night Live reunited the Meet the Parents co-stars in this week's cold open to recreate the classic lie detector scene from their 2000 hit movie. "You broke the law. And now we’re going to catch all of you little fockers, you got that?” De Niro’s special prosecutor Mueller told Stiller, playing Trump attorney Cohen. Stiller, who was briefly an SNL cast member in 1989, said as Cohen: "You know how much evidence I have in my office? I’m Donald Trump’s lawyer! I’ve got a whole hard drive that’s just labeled ‘yikes.’”
- Donald Glover to pull double duty on May 5, hosting SNL and performing as Childish Gambino
- SNL spoofs Netflix's Wild Wild Country with the help of alum Nasim Pedrad
- SNL parodies Les Miserables with an insane lobster dinner sketch
- Why did announcer Darrell Hammond mispronounce John Mulaney's name as "John Mulvaney" not once but twice in the intro?
- SNL mocks "Hollywood's reboot fever"
- Mulaney tweets a 2008 pic of the SNL cast and writers dressed as Mad Men for then-host Jon Hamm
- SNL tweets video of Mulaney's closing remarks that NBC cut off