Nikolaj Coster-WaldauLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 9/05/18 at 3:54PM EDT
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ordered to pay ex-manager $2 million over breach of contract
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Coster-Waldau fired his ex-manager, Jill Littman, in September 2015. But Littman, who took 10% of Coster-Waldau's earnings, said she's owed commissions for his Game of Thrones work post-termination. An arbitrator ruled on Tuesday that the actor owes nearly $2 million to Littman. But her attorney says Coster-Waldau is refusing to abide by the ruling. "Although a Lannister always pays his debts, NCW has declined to honor the final ruling of the arbitrator and pay the compensation found to be due his former manager for all the successes she contributed to during her eight-year reign," says Littman's attorney.
Posted Thursday 7/12/18 at 12:16PM EDT
Netflix ends HBO's 17-year streak of Emmy nomination dominance, Game of Thrones tops all shows
Source: The New York Times
This is the first time in 18 years that HBO has failed to lead all nominations, with Netflix earning 112 Emmy nominations to HBO's 108. The streaming service has been gradually growing with 34 nominations in 2015, 54 in 2016 and 91 last year. Game of Thrones led all shows with 22 Emmy nominations. Saturday Night Live and Westworld tied for second with 21 nominations each, followed by The Handmaid's Tale (20), The Assassination of Gianni Versace (18) and Atlanta (16). Game of Thrones, which wasn't eligible last year, will battle it out with last year's winner, The Handmaid's Tale. Meanwhile, the best actress in a comedy series will be up for grabs for the first time since 2011 since Julia Louis-Dreyfus wasn't eligible as Veep was on hiatus. Black-ish's Tracee Ellis-Ross, Insecure's Issa Rae and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan are among the contenders in the best comedy actress category.
- Read the complete list of Emmy nominations
- Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers were snubbed, while Stephen Colbert and James Corden were nominated (The Tonight Show wasn't nominated for best variety talk series a second year in a row)
- Roseanne, Modern Family and Will & Grace were snubbed for best comedy, Killing Eve was snubbed for best drama
- Roseanne did earn two Emmy nominations, including one for Laurie Metcalf
- "It worked": Megan Amram's An Emmy for Megan was nominated for an Emmy in short form comedy or drama series category
- Acting snubs: Kit Harington, John Goodman, Emilia Clarke, Kyle McLachlan, Alison Brie and Freddie Highmore
- The late Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown earned six Emmy nominations
- Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman and Tracey Ullman to take on SNL in outstanding variety sketch category
- Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage becomes the most-nominated drama series supporting actor in Emmy history
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah earned its first nomination for best variety talk series
- Killing Eve's Sandra Oh becomes the first person of Asian descent to be nominated for best actress in a drama
- Samantha Bee's C-word controversy didn't stop Full Frontal from getting nominated for best variety talk series
- The best Emmy nomination reactions: Lin-Manuel Miranda is "Pretty, pretty, pretty grateful" to be nominated for Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Twin Peaks: The Return was snubbed in the major categories, but it did receive nine nominations
- Modern Family ends streak after eight-straight nominations for best comedy: “It was a hell of a run," says co-creator Steve Levitan
- Chrissy Teigen: If John Legend wins for Jesus Christ Superstar Live, "he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved"
- Viola Davis was snubbed for Hot to Get Away with Murder, but she was nominated for playing the same character on Scandal
- This Is Us fans aren't happy with Mandy Moore's snub
- Kenan Thompson was finally nominated for his SNL acting ability, joining Leslie Jones, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin
- Breaking down Game of Thrones' 22 nominations: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau scores his first nod
- Real Time with Bill Maher was snubbed for the first time since 2004 -- was Maher hurt by N-word and featuring right-wing trolls?
- These actors earned nominations for multiple show: Jane Lynch, Donald Glover, Alex Borstein, Jeff Daniels and Sterling K. Brown
# TOPICS: 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, ABC, Amazon, CBS, FX, HBO, Hulu, NBC, Netflix, An Emmy for Megan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, At Home With Amy Sedaris, Atlanta, Black-ish, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid's Tale, I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman, Insecure, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Killing Eve, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Family, Real Time with Bill Maher, Roseanne, Saturday Night Live, This is Us, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Tracey Ullman’s Show, Twin Peaks: The Return, Veep, Westworld, Will & Grace, Aidy Bryant, Alec Baldwin, Alex Borstein, Alison Brie, Amy Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Maher, Chrissy Teigen, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Freddie Highmore, Issa Rae, James Corden, Jane Lynch, Jeff Daniels, Jimmy Fallon, John Goodman, John Legend, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson, Kit Harington, Kyle MacLachlan, Laurie Metcalf, Leslie Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Moore, Megan Amram, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Rachel Brosnahan, Samantha Bee, Sandra Oh, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Levitan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tracey Ullman, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis, Award Shows, Emmys
Posted Friday 6/01/18 at 11:47PM EDT
Game of Thrones apparently used self-erasing scripts for its final season
That is, if Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is to be believed. As he explains to Elite Daily, "they’re very, very strict. It’s reached a crazy level this year. We actually get the scripts, and then when we’ve shot the scene—and we only have it digitally—and then when you’ve done the scene, it just vanishes. It’s like Mission: Impossible. ‘This will self-destruct.’" ALSO: HBO sues over bootleg Game of Thrones merchandise.
Posted Monday 3/26/18 at 2:46PM EDT
Jamie Lannister will have a new look for Game of Thrones' final season
“I’m shooting the last season of Thrones,” Nikolaj Coster-Waldau tells Shortlist. “Generally speaking, I’m not crazy-hairy, but I have a full beard. Call me Hairy Styles.”
Posted Wednesday 1/10/18 at 6:16PM EST
Did Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau commit immigration fraud
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
The actor’s dispute with his ex-manager over her commissions from the HBO series has led to an accusation of immigration fraud. ALSO: The commandant of the Marine Corps said a war with North Korea “would be Game of Thrones-like.”
Posted Wednesday 12/13/17 at 9:42AM EST
Jimmy Kimmel gives Elf on the Shelf a Game of Thrones Jamie Lannister twist
Source: ET Canada
Check out Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as the “Lannister on the Bannister.” ALSO: Kimmel names his viral clip of the year.
Posted Friday 10/20/17 at 5:48PM EDT
Kit Harington debunks co-star’s claim that Game of Thrones stars won’t receive scripts for the final season
Source: Digital Spy
“We had the read-through last week, in fact, so I know everything now,” Harington said on today’s edition of Britain’s The One Show, unknowingly debunking co-star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's absurd claim (or joke) that actors aren’t getting scripts and that they would receive their lines via earpieces. Harington admitted that he got emotional during the read-through, saying: "I cried at the end! It wasn't anything particular that happens.” Harington also says he can't wait to chop off his locks when the show is done, so he won't be asked about them anymore. ALSO: Peter Dinklage welcomes his second child.
Posted Friday 10/13/17 at 7:17PM EDT
Was Nikolaj Coster-Waldau joking when he said Game of Thrones cast members will be fed lines via an earpiece to avoid spoilers?
Source: W Magazine
Fellow cast member Liam Cunningham recently said that the cast could only view the final season scripts in digital form at the studio. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, however, tells a Dutch TV show that the actors aren’t even going to get scripts for the final season. Instead, they’ll be fed lines via an earpiece.
Posted Tuesday 9/26/17 at 10:39PM EDT
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: Rumors of Game of Thrones shooting multiple endings are “stupid”
Source: Marie Claire
"Do you think that's true?” the Jaime Lannister actor tells Marie Claire. “It seems really stupid to me. I mean if it's true I don't believe it, but I don't know, maybe. I mean, I haven't read the script, so unless they will show several endings that could be a twist, they're not going to waste that money. They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen."
Posted Monday 8/14/17 at 10:32PM EDT
On Game of Thrones, quality is taking a backseat to speeding through an episode
It’s as if the showrunners are racing to finish this game, rather than give everybody their due. “This show’s utteral refusal—it was so harried last night it almost felt like fear—to never stand still for a moment is producing ridiculous results,” says Rob Bricken. He adds: “My point is the show is moving so relentlessly fast that things feel rushed and unearned, scenes and characters aren’t given time to breathe, and the storytelling is suffering as a result—at least when there’s not a dragon to distract us. The show has completely abandoned its pretense of having a reality of time and space…” PLUS: The breakneck pace is gutting its most anticipated episodes, Joe Dempsie is on board the Gendry fan theory, why Gendry’s return is such a big deal, Aiden Gillen talks Littlefinger’s stark obsession, GoT is now a story about siblings, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on Jaime’s emotional news.