Our Cartoon PresidentLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 7/13/18 at 3:19PM EDT
Our Cartoon President returns Sunday with an animated Trump, Putin and a "pee tape"
Source: The Daily Beast
Stephen Colbert's Showtime animated series also has a few jokes about President Trump's U.S. Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh in the Season 2 premiere.
Posted Wednesday 5/30/18 at 2:14PM EDT
Showtime's Our Cartoon President returns on July 15
Stephen Colbert's Trump cartoon will air its final seven episodes of Season 1 this summer.
Posted Sunday 4/29/18 at 1:21AM EDT
Michelle Wolf stuns the White House Correspondents' Dinner with "X-rated takedown"
The comedian -- who warned in advance "I’m expecting it to not play well in the room" -- correctly predicted the reaction to her 19-minute roast, which led some Trump administration officials to walk out during her act. Wolf dropped F-bombs, the P-word and joked about "pulling out" in what CNN termed an "X-rated takedown" of the media, the Democrats, the Republicans and, mostly, President Trump. "Taking a beat, Wolf told a shocked ballroom the White House Correspondents Association maybe they 'should have done some research before asking me to do this,'" says Lisa de Moraes. "Wolf gave the room full of press a thrashing, as Stephen Colbert had done so many years ago in a WHCD Dinner appearance that TV news talking heads were still talking about tonight, in the walk-up to Wolf’s appearance, as if Colbert’s speech had been the one that could not be topped. They were wrong."
- CNN, MSNBC and C-SPAN failed to censor Wolf's F-bombs
- Wolf compared White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to Aunt Lydia from The Handmaid’s Tale
- Wolf's targets included Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, MSNBC, Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Rachel Maddow
- Wolf delivered a "particularly, wonderfully nasty performance, courtesy of a blistering, dare-ya-to-boo set"
- Shame on Michelle Wolf for making Donald Trump look classy!
- Kathy Griffin, who was in attendance, praised Wolf: "As a female, you’ve got to work harder, you’ve got to jump higher. And she did it. She went there - fearlessly"
- Journalists reacted with outrage on Twitter: ABC News' Terry Moran called her monologue "hateful and unfunny"
- Wolf tweeted "Thank you!" to Sean Spicer after he called the dinner "a disgrace"
- Former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus declared Wolf's performance "another" victory for Trump: "An R/X rated spectacle that started poorly and ended up in the bottom of the canyon"
- President Trump slammed the media for "phony" White House Correspondents' Dinner at a Michigan rally earlier Saturday
- Stephen Colbert's Our Cartoon President was at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, imagining what it would look like if Trump attended
- Watch Stormy Daniels attorney Michael Avenatti photobomb Kellyanne Conway and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, live on CNN
# TOPICS: White House Correspondents’ Dinner, CNN, C-SPAN, MSNBC, Our Cartoon President, Kathy Griffin, Kellyanne Conway, Michael Avenatti, Michelle Wolf, Reince Priebus, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Sean Spicer, Terry Moran, Cable News, Trump Presidency
Posted Thursday 3/08/18 at 2:09PM EST
Our Cartoon President gets seven more episodes
That brings the Trump-mocking Showtime animated spinoff of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to a total of 17 Season 1 episodes.
Posted Monday 2/12/18 at 8:22PM EST
Introducing Our Cartoon President's voice cast: "Bugs Bunny" plays Trump, the same actress voices Ivanka and Eric Trump
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Jeff Berman, the longtime voice of Bugs Bunny, is also the voice of President Trump on the Showtime comedy. Standup comedian Emily Lynne voices two of the Trump siblings, as well as Nancy Pelosi and Karen Pence.
Posted Friday 2/09/18 at 8:57PM EST
Stephen Colbert’s Our Cartoon President struggles in a world where Trump jokes become stale after five minutes
The Showtime animated series based on The Late Show cartoon, which formally debuts on Sunday, feels “remarkably tepid” following the release of Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury. “Jokes about Donald Trump tend to feel fresh for only about five minutes, until the president himself sinks to a previously unimaginable low and provides the Twitter meme assembly line with a new product to repackage,” says Jen Chaney. “Even that is a form of recycling.”
Posted Wednesday 2/07/18 at 9:09PM EST
Stephen Colbert’s Our Cartoon President predicted Wednesday's Fox & Friends
As Deadline's Lisa de Moraes points out, life imitated art Wednesday morning when a segment on Fox & Friends seemed to echo a running gag on the animated Late Show spinoff. ALSO: Showtime has posted the entire first episode of Our Cartoon President on YouTube.
Posted Sunday 1/07/18 at 3:33AM EST
Stephen Colbert says he would’ve struggled with his Colbert Report character in the Trump era
Source: TV Guide
The Late Show host says his Comedy Central character would “100%” be a Trump supporter. “As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I'm so happy to not do The Colbert Report anymore, even though I loved it, is that Trump is such a similar character to my old character,” he says. “In other words, he's such a poorly-informed, self-important idiot, that it would be very hard for me to leapfrog him…He'd definitely be a fan. He'd be onboard. He'd be MAGA all the way.”
Posted Monday 12/18/17 at 5:56PM EST
Showtime teases Stephen Colbert’s Trump cartoon spinoff show
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Our Cartoon President features the animated President Trump that regularly appears on The Late Show. It premieres on Feb. 11 after Homeland.