Robert KnepperLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 2/28/18 at 2:03PM EST
Robert Knepper sued by one of the women who accused him of sexual assault
Costume designer Susan Bertram was the first woman to accuse the former Prison Break star and iZombie actor, alleging last November that he sexually attacked her in 1991 on the set of the movie Gas Food Lodging. Bertram has filed a civil complaint against Knepper, accusing him of defaming her when he publicly denied her allegations. Bertram's story prompted four more women to come forward with their own allegations against the actor.
Posted Friday 1/12/18 at 2:44PM EST
Robert Knepper won’t return for iZombie Season 5, but CW boss says his exit was decided before he was accused of sexual misconduct
“Robert only had a one year deal anyway,” CW president Mark Pedowitz tells Slash Film. “His character had a definitive path. You’ll find out when you watch the series what happens. That was decided way ahead of time, had nothing to do with the allegations.” The CW investigated Knepper after several women accused him of violent sexual misconduct in the past, but the network found "no evidence of wrongdoing" on The CW series.
Posted Wednesday 12/13/17 at 9:29PM EST
Robert Knepper will remain on iZombie after a sexual misconduct inquiry found “no evidence of wrongdoing”
Warner Bros. TV conducted an investigation following allegations of sexual misconduct from five women. “We were deeply concerned about recent allegations regarding Robert Knepper. As a result, we conducted an internal inquiry with some of the cast and crew of iZombie,” the studio said in a statement. “We found no evidence of wrongdoing on the set of the show. We have taken and will continue to take appropriate measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all involved, which is our top priority.”
Posted Tuesday 12/05/17 at 9:01AM EST
Four more women accuse Robert Knepper of sexual misconduct
The Prison Break alum, whose most recently appeared on Twin Peaks and iZombie, has been hit with four more sexual misconduct allegations, spanning between 1983 and 2013. These allegations come weeks after stylist Susan Bertram accused him of sexual assault on the set of the 1992 film Gas Food Lodging. The four women described in detail their encounters with Knepper to The Hollywood Reporter, including one who said she was attacked by the actor and forced to perform oral sex on him when they worked on the movie King Kong in 2010. In response to the accusations, Knepper issued the following statement: "We have come to a time where hard-earned careers are being lost on the basis of accusations. I need to reiterate that these accusations against me are false. We have lost the presumption of innocence; we have lost "due process;" and we have lost the ability to review evidence — allowing the media to become both ‘judge and jury.’ Until I can sit down and have a dialogue with my accusers, managed not by the press but by an impartial mediator, I have nothing further to say on this matter. My wife, family and close friends, know me and my true nature and I am grateful for their love and support.”
Posted Thursday 11/09/17 at 2:25PM EST
Prison Break alum Robert Knepper denies sexual assault allegation
After being accused of attacking a costume designer on the set of the 1992 film Gas Food Lodging, Knepper said in a statement: “I am shocked and devastated to be falsely accused of violence against a woman. That’s just not who I am.”
Posted Wednesday 11/08/17 at 2:45PM EST
Prison Break alum Robert Knepper hit with a sexual assault allegation
Costume designer Susan Bertram alleges that Knepper assaulted her in 1991, while filming the 1992 Allison Anders movie Gas Food Lodging. Bertram says she “kind of buried” the alleged incident until Donald Trump’s Access Hollywood tape came out last year. But she’s speaking out now in wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. The actor’s reps so far haven’t responded for comment when asked by The Hollywood Reporter.