Sally FieldLatest News and Opinion
Posted Thursday 5/31/18 at 9:13PM EDT
Samantha Bee's "C-bomb" was self-defeating: She ended up drowning the point she was trying to make
Bee's Full Frontal segment on immigration in which she called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c*nt" "ended up drawing attention away from the subject and not toward it," says Sam Adams. Bee, he says, "shouldn’t have used the word in the first place—not because it’s inappropriate for her to use the word to describe another woman, or because there’s no excuse for using language equal in its harshness to the degree of her outrage, but because it was destined to obliterate whatever point she was trying to make and give rise to the kinds of false equivalencies that have been blooming like mold across conservative Twitter all day. Having failed in their hilariously misjudged bid to exchange Roseanne Barr’s scalp for Bill Maher’s—yes, Bill Maher, that beloved lion of liberalism, whatever you do, please don’t take him away!—people who didn’t care about Trump 'grabbing women by the p*ssy' are suddenly furious about his daughter being called one."
- Television Academy blocks media from tonight's ceremony honoring Bee's Full Frontal for social justice work
- Two advertisers, Autotrader and State Farm, suspend their Full Frontal advertising
- Bee played into the hands of President Trump and his supporters: "There’s an argument that this makes Bee’s comment sort of brave — that in being willing to dish schoolyard slang against a member of President Trump’s family, she’s doing what the other side doesn’t want her to." says Daniel D'Addario. "In fact, she’s playing right into their hands. Not that the right was terribly inclined to pay attention to Bee’s segments going forward, but she’s provided them a sound-bite-sized reason to dismiss her going forward."
- Stop comparing Samantha Bee's C-word and Roseanne Barr's racist tweet!: Bee's use of the C-word was for a decision Ivanka made, while Roseanne's tweet targeted Valerie Jarrett's race, which she's born with
- Bee is a comedian, and comedians say offensive things -- but she didn't say something racist
- Insincere outrage or double standard?: Twitter was divided over "Samantha BeeGate"
- Sally Field comes to Bee's defense, tweeting "C*nts are powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest"
- Full Frontal executive producer Miles Kahn brushes off the C-word firestorm
Posted Wednesday 4/18/18 at 6:54AM EDT
Netflix offers the first look at Jonah Hill and Emma Stone in Maniac
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
The Cary Fukunaga series also stars Sally Field, Justin Theroux and Jemima Kirke in the black comedy about two strangers who find themselves caught up in a bizarre pharmaceutical trial gone awry, based on a Norwegian series.
Posted Wednesday 12/06/17 at 2:18PM EST
Sally Field is writing her memoir
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
The Oscar- and Emmy-winning actress will look back at her TV and movie career, including Gidget and The Flying Nun, in a memoir titled In Pieces.
Posted Thursday 10/05/17 at 4:16PM EDT
Sally Field is returning to TV, joining Emma Stone and Jonah Hill on Netflix’s Maniac
In her first TV role since Brothers & Sisters, the Oscar-winning actress might be playing Hill’s mother. But no details of her character have been revealed.