Scott BaioLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 2/14/18 at 5:44PM EST
Scott Baio denies all allegations from former Charles in Charge co-stars Nicole Eggert and Alexander Polinsky
“For reasons I don’t understand, I am the target of false claims that threaten everything that is important in my life," Baio said in a statement read by his spokesperson at a press conference. "I am hurt and I am angry, but mostly, I am stunned that anybody can be so cruel to attack not just me, but my family."
Posted Wednesday 2/14/18 at 2:32PM EST
Alexander Polinsky calls Scott Baio a "tyrant" who would pull his pants down in front of the crew and bully him with homophobic taunts
The Charles in Charge star says Baio abused him on set of the syndicated sitcom when he was between the ages of 12 and 15. “I dreaded the teasing and daily attacks on my personality,” said Polinsky of Baio's alleged "hazing" and "torture," which included throwing a cup of hot tea in his face. Polinsky was joined at a press conference this morning by his attorney Lisa Bloom and co-star Nicole Eggert, who has accused Baio of molesting her when she was underage.
Posted Wednesday 2/14/18 at 2:16AM EST
Charles in Charge star Alexander Polinsky to accuse Scott Baio of sexual harassment and sexual abuse as a minor
In supporting co-star Nicole Eggert last week in her sexual misconduct allegations against Baio, Polinsky accused Baio of physically assaulting and mentally abusing him. Variety reports that Polinsky has scheduled a press conference for Wednesday in which he'll also accuse Baio of sexually abusing and sexually harassing him when he was a child actor on the syndicated sitcom. The press conference will mark Polinsky's first time speaking out about his allegations.
Posted Tuesday 2/06/18 at 11:36PM EST
Nicole Eggert files a police report accusing Scott Baio of sexually assaulting her
TMZ reports that actor Alexander Polinsky, who played her younger brother on Charles in Charge, accompanied Eggert as she discussed her allegations against Baio with LAPD detectives.
Posted Wednesday 1/31/18 at 2:09PM EST
Scott Baio fires back at Nicole Eggert: “It’s impossible” to have molested her when she was underage
It was impossible because when a child is on a set, they’re either in school or they’re on the set with a teacher and their parents,” he said on Good Morning America, responding to his Charles in Charge co-star's molestation allegations. He added: “Her story keeps changing, she makes up new things and by the way, I am not the first person she’s done this to.” ALSO: Eggert said she plans to meet with Los Angeles police about Baio.
Posted Tuesday 1/30/18 at 8:39PM EST
Dr. Oz to air the shelved Nicole Eggert interview that was taped on Jan. 10
Following the former Charles in Charge star’s appearance this morning on Megyn Kelly Today to discuss her molestation allegations against Scott Baio, The Dr. Oz Show producers told Eggers reps that they would air her interview on Wednesday, three weeks after it was taped.
Posted Tuesday 1/30/18 at 4:45PM EST
GMA books Scott Baio to respond to Nicole Eggert’s molestation allegations
According to The Blast, Baio is scheduled to fire back at his Charles in Charge co-star on Wednesday during Good Morning America’s first hour. Eggert detailed Baio's alleged sexual abuse this morning on NBC's Megyn Kelly Today.
Posted Tuesday 1/30/18 at 1:33PM EST
Nicole Eggert details Scott Baio’s alleged sexual abuse on Megyn Kelly Today
“He immediately took to me, and befriended me, and earned my trust,” a teary Eggert told Megyn Kelly this morning describing her older Charles in Charge co-star. “And then he started expressing his love for me, and talking about marriage in the future. And then — I was still 14 — before my 15th birthday, we were at his house, in his car, in his garage and he reached over and he penetrated me with his finger. And that is when the sexual touching and abuse started.”
Posted Monday 1/29/18 at 7:46PM EST
Report: Dr. Oz shelved Nicole Eggert's taped interview over Scott Baio molestation allegations following the actor's legal threat
TMZ has released photos of what it says is Dr. Oz interviewing Eggert on Jan. 10 about her molestation allegations against her former Charles in Charge co-star Baio. Eggert is shown sitting with her lawyer Lisa Bloom. After the taping, TMZ reports that Baio’s attorneys sent a letter threatening legal action and arguing that her timeline “did not make sense.” TMZ further reports that “we contacted the show, and they would only say they are ‘investigating.”’
Posted Monday 1/29/18 at 2:45PM EST
Megyn Kelly to interview Nicole Eggert about her Scott Baio molestation allegations
Posted Sunday 1/28/18 at 3:52AM EST
Nicole Eggert accuses Charles in Charge co-star Scott Baio of molesting her when she was a minor
Eggert had previously said she dated and lost her virginity to Baio, her co-star on the family sitcom from 1987 to 1990. But on Twitter Saturday, Eggert alleged that Baio molested her. “Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep,” she tweeted. In subsequent replies to twitter commenters, Eggert described herself as a “molested child” and said that she was 14, 15, 16 and 17 when the alleged incidents occurred. In response to Eggert's tweets, Baio tweeted: ”I’m about to do a Facebook live to prove her claims are 100% lies!." In the 16-minute video, Baio says Eggert first made the allegations in 2012 and 2013 when she was promoting a reality show, but he decided not to respond. "I don't know what else to put out there,” he said. “She's my best friend in the world, then all of a sudden I'm the bogeyman. The problem with almost all he said/she said cases is they're he said/she said. Now, go prove it or disprove it...the real problem with this is people with legitimate claims aren't taken seriously, and that's too bad."