SuitsLatest News and Opinion
Posted Tuesday 8/07/18 at 9:49AM EDT
Report: Meghan Markle turned down NBC's Emmy Awards invitation
Source: The Sun
The Duchess of Sussex and former Suits star and Prince Harry "politely turned down" NBC's invitation to appear at the Emmy Awards in September, according to The Sun. "We had hoped Meghan would attend as a way of saying goodbye to her Suits fans and colleagues," a source said. The Sun reports Markle was drawing "a line in the sand" between her life as a royal and her entertainment career.
Posted Thursday 8/02/18 at 10:51PM EDT
Suits is getting a Japanese remake
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Fuji TV has signed on for the second adaptation of the USA series, after South Korea's adaptation.
Posted Wednesday 7/18/18 at 11:21PM EDT
Meghan Markle's spirit haunted Suits' Season 8 premiere
The USA series returned Wednesday without stars Patrick J. Adams as Mike and Markle as Rachel. Yet it was Markle's absence that was felt the most. As Devon Ivie explains, "while it’s hard to argue against the assertion that Mike’s departure has a greater impact within the goings-on at the newly rebranded Zane Specter Litt, the emotional weight of the series was held up by Rachel, who shared a close, sisterly friendship with the firm’s HBIC, Donna (Sarah Rafferty)."
- Creator Aaron Korsh compares Season 8 to Season 1, but Suits is not a procedural
- Korsh says the revamped show offers a "a rejuvenation with new energy, on screen and off"
- Katherine Heigl says of her Suits role: "Samantha is really fierce...She just doesn't take any sh*t and she is not intimidated or afraid of any of these guys"
Posted Wednesday 6/13/18 at 7:04PM EDT
Suits releases Season 8 key art
Check out the first photo of the cast, including new addition Katherine Heigl, in the post-Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams era.
Posted Wednesday 6/13/18 at 3:30AM EDT
Meghan Markle and the actress who played her are both up for Emmy consideration
The Suits alum has been submitted for the outstanding drama series category, while Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance's Parisa Fitz-Henley is on the Emmy ballot for outstanding lead actress in a limited series or movie category.
Posted Monday 6/11/18 at 9:19PM EDT
Suits' new Season 8 promo unveils the name of the new law firm
Source: TV Guide
The USA series' law firm is getting yet another new name.
Posted Monday 6/04/18 at 2:49PM EDT
Check out Katherine Heigl as the new hotshot attorney on Suits
USA has unveiled a new teaser introducing Heigl's character on Season 8.
Posted Wednesday 5/30/18 at 2:14PM EDT
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly plan to stay at her Suits co-star's Australian home
Source: The Daily Mirror
Prince Harry and Meghan's visit Down Under is set to include a visit to Suits co-star Gabriel Macht's home that he shares with his Australian actress wife Jacinda Barrett.
Posted Friday 5/25/18 at 7:45PM EDT
Suits cast sang "Chapel of Love" on the way to Meghan Markle's wedding
Creator Aaron Korsh rallied his cast members into a laughable rendition of the 1964 hit song from The Dixie Cups while on the shuttle bus to the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle wedding. ALSO: Jessica Walter had no idea Markle's oral sex scene was cut out of The CW's 90210 pilot.
Posted Friday 5/25/18 at 10:33AM EDT
Check out Meghan Markle's only late-night talk show appearance, with Craig Ferguson in 2013
The Suits star-turned-duchess promoted her USA series on The Late Late Show in August 2013.
Posted Tuesday 5/22/18 at 6:12AM EDT
Suits' Patrick J. Adams apologizes after posting a photo of a woman he accused of body-shaming him and his wife
Source: E! Online
Adams was at a London airport with wife/Pretty Little Liars alum Troian Bellisario, waiting to catch a flight home from co-star Meghan Markle's wedding, when he said a woman "did some casual body shaming of my wife and I." He posted a photo of the woman, but later took it down after he was accused of bullying.
Posted Sunday 5/20/18 at 4:34AM EDT
Royal Wedding was a tremendous TV experience: "How long has it been since we’ve watched live TV that was this giddy, this besotted?"
Source: The Washington Post
"Did we even realize how much we needed this: the predawn escape to Fairy Tale Land, the sneaking out of bed to let indifferent spouses snooze?" says Hank Stuever of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding that was shown live on a number of networks. He adds: "Usually it’s Sarah Huckabee Sanders scowling at us, followed by pundits scowling some more, with TV anchors whose heads shake permanently back and forth in exasperated surrender. Even the awards shows lately have been fraught with careful messaging. But on Saturday, from network to network, coverage of the royal marriage of Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle was technically flawless, surprisingly thoughtful, happily effervescent and unabashedly over the top. The combined force of it briefly created a safe space for dreamers and optimists, whether a viewer opted for the pure dosage of the BBC feed (on PBS and BBC America), or for something more pedestrian."
- Twitter outshined TV: "The television coverage suggested an industry that has lost its monopoly on the international conversation"
- The wedding "was admittedly a wonderful — and charmingly made-for-TV — diversion" from the bad news in the U.S.
- Oprah Winfrey attended the wedding, as did Prince Harry's friend James Corden
- BBC trolls Trump over inauguration crowd size in a royal wedding tweet
- Watch Bishop Michael Curry's electrifying speech that was the talk of the wedding
- SNL spoofed the royal wedding with a Prince Harry reception video and Kenan Thompson as Bishop Curry
- Kristen Wiig crashed HBO's Cord & Tish royal wedding coverage as "Sir Albert Langham-Kingsley"
- Watch Suits superfan Cord join Tish in gushing over the royal wedding
- How a British newspaper covered America's TV coverage of the royal wedding
- Suits creator Aaron Korsh tweeted: "Just a little stroll in the countryside. No reason. Just felt like coming England"
- "Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!" tweeted Suits' official Twitter account
# TOPICS: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle Royal Wedding, BBC, The Royal Wedding Live With Cord & Tish!, Saturday Night Live, Suits, Aaron Korsh, James Corden, Kristen Wiig, Meghan Markle, Michael Curry, Molly Shannon, Oprah Winfrey, Prince Harry, Will Ferrell
Posted Friday 5/18/18 at 11:54PM EDT
How Meghan Markle's Suits experience prepared her for the Royal family's world stage
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Markle has already shaken up the Royal family and has only begun to make her mark, says Maureen Ryan. On Suits, Markle's "Rachel Zane was a supporting character — the core journey was not hers — but Markle brought passionate craft and lively charisma to her role," says Ryan, who has watched every episode of the USA series and moderated a panel with Markle four years ago. "Rachel's quest to be more than a paralegal and to exceed the high expectations of her accomplished family was as compelling as her desire to retain her moral center among a crew of New York legal sharks so intent on closing deals that the morality of their actions was sometimes (often?) a secondary concern. The ethics of many Suits characters have been painted in various shades of gray — and to be clear, that's not a bad thing. But Rachel always stood for something — several things, actually: a quest for fairness, a capacity for hard work, an affinity for compassion and truthfulness, and the desire to find an emotional balance in life and on the job.
Her new gig may well feature the same agenda, but on a much, much bigger stage."
- ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BBC America, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, HBO, PBS, E! and TLC are all covering the royal wedding
- Suits cast has a "last supper" in London before the wedding: "Love deeply and live well," Patrick J. Adams tweets to Markle
- How TV turned the royal wedding into a very public affair
- How to watch the royal wedding if you don't have cable
- Markle had a Hollywood childhood, having grown up on the set of Married with Children, where her dad worked as cinematographer
Posted Friday 5/18/18 at 1:36PM EDT
Suits stars say they were surprised to get an invite to Meghan Markle's wedding
Source: Us Weekly
Sarah Rafferty, Gina Torres and Rick Hoffman appeared on the Today show live from London this morning in advance of Markle's wedding. When asked if they were surprised to get invited, Torres said: "I was. I think you know, you hope, and I hope nothing but the best — as we all do — for her, this is an incredible step in her life, so to bear witness to that is extraordinary.”
Posted Thursday 5/17/18 at 10:42PM EDT
What time does Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding begin in your time zone?
Source: The New York Times
If you're on the West Coast, the wedding ceremony takes place at 4 a.m. Saturday. Or noon London time. Or 7 a.m. East Coast time. Each network will begin their coverage two to four hours before the ceremony begins. ALSO: Markle's Suits co-stars have arrived in London.