Tom BradyLatest News and Opinion
Posted Monday 2/12/18 at 6:58AM EST
Tom Brady's Facebook docuseries Tom vs. Time is on "pause" because he lost the Super Bowl
"The truth is we had a plan," director Gotham Chopra wrote on Facebook of the sixth and final episode, "but unconsciously, it was tied to the Pats winning the Super Bowl and, when that didn’t happen (congrats, Eagles!), I felt like we needed to pause and recalibrate."
Posted Saturday 2/03/18 at 12:50AM EST
Justin Timberlake returning to the Super Bowl would’ve been unthinkable six or seven years ago
The Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake “Nipplegate” incident in 2004 had dramatic consequences for years. The NFL turned into the “No Fun League.” And, says Jack Dickey, “for years thereafter America would live in the stupid shadow of that wardrobe malfunction, in a heyday of condemnation for so-called indecency. Jackson, as a woman, got the worst of it. She was branded as a harlot; Viacom and its subsidiaries stopped playing her songs and videos.” He adds: “Six or seven years ago, at the NFL headquarters, the words ‘Justin Timberlake’ and ‘Super Bowl halftime show’ would have paired like ‘John Wilkes Booth’ and ‘Ford’s Theatre,’ so overwhelming was the uproar following the ex-Mouseketeer’s appearance with Janet Jackson at Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004.”
- Nipplegate changed the Internet, inspiring the creation of YouTube
- Revisiting Nipplegate, minute by minute
- Is the NFL ratings decline due to Donald Trump generating so much news interest over the past three years?
- Televised football has a problem with both form (television) and content (football)
- 11 Super Bowl commercials that were game-changers
- The 10 best and two worst Super Bowl commercials
- A beloved Kroll Show character says: Go Eagles!
- The best post-Super Bowl episodes: The Wonder Years is No. 1
- Tom Brady gets The Brady Bunch treatment
- Every halftime show from 1993, ranked from worst to best
- Super Bowl I in 1967 was surprisingly high-tech
- The first “What Time Does the Super Bowl Start?” article for Super Bowl LII was published in 2017
Posted Thursday 2/01/18 at 6:10PM EST
Tom Brady kissing his 11-year-old son on his Facebook docuseries becomes a Super Bowl week story
Brady’s Tom vs. Time docuseries is making headlines again. Earlier this week, a Boston radio host was suspended for calling Brady’s 5-year-old daughter an “annoying little pissant” in reaction to her appearance on the Facebook Watch series. Now, Brady is making headlines for kissing his son on the mouth for an “uncomfortably” long time.
Posted Tuesday 1/09/18 at 6:45PM EST
Tom Brady is getting the reality TV treatment on Facebook Watch
Tom vs Time will follow the 40-year-old New England Patriots QB as he turns 40 and attempts to win a record-setting sixth Super Bowl title.