Wendell PierceLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 8/31/18 at 10:58PM EDT
Jack Ryan is a show that knows exactly what it wants to be and is mostly quite successful at it
Source: Rolling Stone
"It’s an entertaining watch, but owing more to the sheer craft of the people making it than to anything particularly compelling about Ryan himself," says Alan Sepinwall of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon. "Competent storytelling isn’t something that should need praising for a TV show in 2018, yet Jack Ryan ... stands in striking contrast to so many sluggishly-paced, poorly-lit streaming drama wallows of recent vintage. It moves briskly and offers up at least one big action set piece per episode — though nothing as impressive as in the Ryan films, nor even TV shows like Strike Back or Daredevil. The production makes good use of international locations and the writers put in the necessary effort to make terrorist big bad Suleiman (Ali Suliman) a human being with recognizable motivations. It’s familiar but never dull."
- Jack Ryan is rote television: blandly entertaining with paint-by-numbers plotting -- it's the airport book of TV shows
- Jack Ryan knows when to get John Krasinski out of the way and concentrate on telling other stories
- Krasinski and his "aw-shucks charm" makes it stand out among similar anti-terrorist shows
- Krasinski is the perfect actor to portray a modern Jack Ryan: "immensely likable without being slick, accessible but not too vulnerable, smart but not wonky"
- At this moment in time, Jack Ryan’s anvil-dropping approach to the war on terror is grotesque, selling a false narrative people believe is true
- Jack Ryan is great, but "one- or two-note actor" Krasinski is not -- thankfully, Wendell Pierce helps fill the void
- If Jack Ryan is the white male superhero we must rely on to save the world, it’d be nice to know him a little better
- Jack Ryan is the most boring part of Jack Ryan
- Krasinski and the Jack Ryan brand help power it through the "clutter" of TV shows revolving around Middle Eastern terrorism
- Why producers picked John Krasinski: He's intelligent, earnest and relatable -- and not larger than life
- How Wendell Pierce researched playing a black Muslim CIA boss
- Ranking all the Jack Ryan actors: Krasinski is No. 3
Posted Tuesday 8/28/18 at 7:36PM EDT
Meghan Markle's Suits dad Wendell Pierce slams her real-life father for participating in media drama
Source: Page Six
“If you care about Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, then that should be the first and foremost in your mind before you say anything,” Pierce told The Daily Telegraph in an open message to Thomas Markle. “If you love your daughter, just love your daughter. It’s not for public consumption.”
Posted Wednesday 6/27/18 at 9:42PM EDT
Many TV favorites have been invited to become Oscar voters, from Mindy Kaling to Andre Braugher
The Academy's new Oscar voters also include Sarah Silverman, Hank Azaria, Kyra Sedgwick, Michael K. Williams, George Lopez, Christine Baranski, Alison Brie, Rashida Jones, Dave Chappelle, Anna Chlumsky, Wendell Pierce, Olivia Colman, Gina Rodriguez, Yeardley Smith, Ken Jeong, Kumail Nanjiani, Pedro Pascal, Ann Dowd, Lena Headey and Randall Park.
# TOPICS: 90th Academy Awards, George Lopez, Alison Brie, Andre Braugher, Anna Chlumsky, Ann Dowd, Christine Baranski, Dave Chappelle, Gina Rodriguez, Hank Azaria, Ken Jeong, Kumail Nanjiani, Kyra Sedgwick, Lena Headey, Michael K. Williams, Mindy Kaling, Olivia Colman, Pedro Pascal, Randall Park, Rashida Jones, Sarah Silverman, Wendell Pierce, Yeardley Smith, Award Shows, Film Academy
Posted Tuesday 2/06/18 at 4:08PM EST
Wendell Pierce, Meghan Markle’s dad on Suits, revealed how they would talk in code on set about Prince Harry
Source: Us Weekly
“She met this nice guy and we always talked about him in code really,” Pierce told Harry Connick Jr. on his talk show Harry. “You know, ‘How you doing?” ‘Oh, I’m going to London, coming from London, whatever.’”
Posted Tuesday 10/24/17 at 9:08PM EDT
Wendell Pierce and Donald Faison join USA’s Unsolved: The Murders Of Tupac And The Notorious B.I.G.
Actor Dominic Santana will once again play Suge Knight after portraying the hip-hop mogul in the recent Tupac Shakur film All Eyes on Me. The Wire alum Pierce will play a homicide detective, while Faison will portray a music executive.