Whoopi GoldbergLatest News and Opinion
Posted Thursday 10/11/18 at 7:53PM EDT
Neil Patrick Harris had a very awkward appearance this morning on The View
Harris created an awkward situation when he joked that Whoopi Goldberg told him when he was her teenage co-star on the 1988 movie Clara's Heart that she would have sex with him in 10 years.
Posted Wednesday 9/19/18 at 10:06PM EDT
The View wished Julie Chen well after her exit from The Talk, while Wendy Williams questioned her tears
Source: E! Online
Daytime TV had a range of responses to Chen's exit from The Talk. "I think it would be hard to be on that show and if you couldn't share so I sorta understood," Hoda Kotb said on Today. "She'll be missed on that show," Gayle King, Chen's colleague, said on CBS This Morning. On The View, Whoopi Goldberg wished Chen well, while Abby Huntsman said: "What I would love for her to do is to use that as an opportunity to be transparent, to be real, to talk to people about what maybe she's been through." Kathie Lee Gifford expressed sympathy for Chen on the 10am. Today show. "It always bugs me when they say the humiliated so-and-so. I'm capable of humiliating myself…She's not humiliated," said Gifford. "She's heartbroken. There's a big difference. You know what I'm saying?" Meanwhile, Wendy Williams questioned Chen's teary goodbye: "It's nice to know she watches 'Hot Topics,' where I said she should quit because she is a distraction," Wendy said. "She ended up crying towards the end but in my mind, those weren't tears because of the crew. In my opinion, she wasn't crying because of the cast and the crew and the staff and stuff. She was crying because now she has to go back to that compound and deal with that man and try to keep her son out of it. And there is no compound to me that is big enough." ALSO: Chen taped tonight's Big Brother episode on Tuesday, the same day she announced her Talk departure.
Posted Monday 7/23/18 at 9:27AM EDT
Jeanine Pirro thanks Whoopi Goldberg and The View for helping make her new book No. 1
On her Fox News show Justice with Judge Jeanine, Pirro alleged she “was cursed at and I and my team were thrown out of the building.” But she later struck a more conciliatory note since she said her book was No. 1 on Amazon. “Should I be angry? I supposed I should," she said. "But in the end, this isn’t about me. And nobody needs to feel sorry for me."
Posted Friday 7/20/18 at 5:13PM EDT
Here's the expletive Jeanine Pirro uttered in front of The View audience
Source: The Daily Beast
The Daily Beast reports Whoopi Goldberg was referring to the word "c*cksuckers" when she said on The View this morning that the Fox News host yesterday “called everybody at the table a name I cannot repeat on TV and said it in front of the audience.” Pirro allegedly ripped off her microphone and said, “those c*cksuckers! This is exactly what I told them would happen.”
Posted Friday 7/20/18 at 1:37PM EDT
Whoopi Goldberg accuses Jeanine Pirro of cursing out The View staffers
"A lot of pertinent stuff" was left out of Pirro's recounting of her backstage View argument, says Goldberg. On this morning's show, Goldberg said Pirro “called everybody at the table a name I cannot repeat on TV and said it in front of the audience.” After Pirro was done, she “put a finger in my face, and yelled, ‘I’ve done more for victims than you ever will,'" said Goldberg, adding that she had “some few choice words I cannot repeat” on TV. “But," Goldberg adds, "I did not spit on her, I did not intimidate her; no one chased her out of here saying ‘get out of here,'” as Pirro alleged. Goldberg said Pirro “did leave here cursing at the people who book the show, cursed at the guys who do the security for the show.”
Posted Thursday 7/19/18 at 6:20PM EDT
Whoopi Goldberg and Jeanine Pirro reportedly got into an explosive argument backstage at The View
Source: Page Six
“F*ck you, get the f*ck out!" Goldberg shouted at the Fox News host, according to Fox News sister publication New York Post. “I’ve done more for abused women than you will ever do,” Pirro reportedly shot back. Their argument followed a heated on-air discussion in which Goldberg tore into Pirro over her unwavering defense of President Trump. UPDATE: Pirro spoke about her backstage encounter on Sean Hannity's radio show.
Posted Friday 6/15/18 at 10:55PM EDT
The View fan John McCain "is extra obsessed with Whoopi," says Meghan McCain
“It cracks me up," Meghan McCain says of The View conversations she has with her U.S. senator dad, who is battling stage-four brain cancer.
Posted Wednesday 5/30/18 at 2:14PM EDT
Roseanne executive producer recalls the "shock" of learning of cancelation on the first day working on Season 2
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Dave Caplan says "there was a lot of bittersweet hellos — and a couple hours later, a lot of very difficult goodbyes." He says the writing staff first learned about the cancelation via the media. "Everybody is still in shock at how quickly this all went down," he says. "It's unfortunate because the writers did pass on other jobs to take this job and nobody really knows yet what kind of compensation they're going to get. Everybody is a little bit on edge about how it's going to turn out. But we all know it's a wasted opportunity to write more episodes."
- ABC president apologizes to Roseanne's now-unemployed staff: "We're so sorry they were swept up in all of this and we give thanks to their remarkable talents, wish them well and hope to find another way to work together down the road."
- Roseanne Barr tweets "I’m not a racist. I never was & I never will be" before retweeting an anti-Valerie Jarrett Wikileaks document dump
- Dictionary searches for "racist" have skyrocketed in the past 24 hours
- Ambien maker responds to Roseanne's Ambien defense: "racism is not a known side effect"
- Mindy Kaling offers to "write things" for Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman
- Lena Dunham responds to Kaling's tweet, offering to do a spinoff "starring Darlene’s cool kids"
- Whoopi Goldberg slams Roseanne for retweeting a fake anti-Trump meme about her
- From Jackie to Darlene to Jackie and Darlene: Five ways Roseanne could return without Roseanne Barr
- Jimmy Kimmel imagines a Roseanne-less Roseanne show that focuses on Dan Conner
- Why Roseanne can't carry on without Roseanne Barr: She'll undermine the show with her tweeting
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus responds to Roseanne with an Instagram picture with "my pal" Valerie Jarrett
- Shonda Rhimes blasts Roseanne's Ambien defense, tells her to "#ownyouractions"
- Bill Maher -- who also was canceled by ABC amid controversy -- gets caught in the Roseanne cancelation crossfire
Posted Tuesday 1/16/18 at 1:35PM EST
Everyone’s picking sides on the Aziz Ansari story: Is he guilty of assault or just being a really bad date?
“There are two sides that are drawing supporters,” says Lisa Respers France of the Babe.net story accusing the Master of None star of sexual misconduct. “Some are saying the allegations against Ansari assault weakens the #MeToo movement. The other side: This is the kind of conduct that has given rise to movements like #MeToo and #TimesUp and that just because it happens a lot doesn't make it right. The story has all of the ingredients of one that begs controversy: sexual politics and power, and comes at a time when Hollywood and the culture is grappling with the treatment of women.”
- The Aziz Ansari story is making headlines because it’s so “ordinary” — it reveals our broken attitudes towards sex
- The View defends Ansari: “Whatever happened to stop or I’m going to knock you in your nuts?” said Whoopi Goldberg
- HLN’s Ashleigh Banfield blasts Ansari accuser: “You have chipped away at a movement”
- Yes, Ansari has power as a wealthy Netflix star — but he had no actual power over his accuser
- It was bound to happen: Babe.net’s poorly reported exposé was a missed opportunity
- The claims against Ansari reveal the defects of modern sexual morality
- The Good Place’s Jameela Jamil wrote a lengthy post blaming porn and music videos for consent issues
- What is Babe.net?: The website with the Ansari story started a year and a half ago as an experiment
- Babe.net editor: “I can’t even tell you how many tweets and comments we’ve seen from girls saying 'I’ve been Grace. I am Grace’”
Posted Tuesday 1/02/18 at 10:49PM EST
Tiffany Hadish auditioned for SNL three times -- and sought Whoopi Goldberg’s advice before her groundbreaking hosting stint
Source: The New York Times
“I had auditioned for SNL three different times, so to me it was, ‘Finally, I’m here,’” she tells The New York Times. “And I was super grateful to be there in that capacity, as opposed to as a regular performer. To be a host is a super big honor. I couldn’t believe I was the first black woman comedian to do it. I Googled and saw that Whoopi Goldberg had been on it, so I reached out to her. I said, ‘Have you ever done SNL? She said, ‘Only a sketch.’ I said, ‘You never hosted?’ And she said, ‘You the first, bitch, you better do a good job.’”
Posted Thursday 12/14/17 at 5:10PM EST
Omarosa responds to Robin Roberts’ “Bye, Felicia” quip: “That was petty. It’s a black woman civil war”
Source: Inside Edition
Omarosa texted her reaction to Inside Edition after the Good Morning America co-host quipped “Bye, Felicia” on this morning’s show. ALSO: Whoopi Goldberg celebrates Omarosa’s exit on The View: “She’s just been so nasty to so many women, and so many women of color.”
Posted Tuesday 9/05/17 at 11:33PM EDT
Whoopi Goldberg: I almost left The View
Goldberg, who celebrated her 10th anniversary on the ABC daytime talk show this morning, revealed that the rumors of her exit were true. "I wasn't coming back but my daughter said I think that's a mistake because we've just had a major shakeup and you need to be a part of this conversation,” Goldberg tells E!