William Jackson HarperLatest News and Opinion
Posted Friday 1/11/19 at 1:19PM EST
The Good Place may be building to its best twist yet
"The Good Place is actually building up to a perfect endgame, but as long as it took the NBC comedy to get to the titular 'Good Place,' it exited at a record pace because as it turns out, it might not be so good after all," says Justin Kirkland. "The big message from The Good Place has always been a big philosophical hodgepodge. But after spending time in the Bad Place, the Real Bad Place, Earth, The Medium Place, and now
The Good Place, the mailroom of The Good Place, it seems no one in the universe has any idea what the fork is going on. And if that's the message The Good Place has been building up to all along, it might be it's biggest and best twist yet."
- William Jackson Harper identifies with Chidi maybe a little too closely: "One evolution that I've noticed over the years doing this show playing this character is, there has been a slight melting away of this rigidity that he has around morality. And it's becoming more relative," Harper tells ET. "I think that we live in a compromised world and the character, Chidi, is starting to understand that, rather than looking for a book to tell him exactly what to do. He has to figure that out for himself and I think he's making steps towards doing that."
- How Harper got jacked for The Good Place
Posted Saturday 10/20/18 at 2:43AM EDT
The Good Place's William Jackson Harper conquered one of his "five biggest fears" with this week's episode
Source: Shadow and Act
"I grew up sort of an awkward, chubby kid and I got made fun of a lot," the 38-year-old actor and playwright tells Shadow and Act. of taking off his shirt, which was the talk of Twitter. "It just sort of stays with you, even now at this age, as a very, very grown a** man, I'm still scared of it." He added: "I do not like taking my shirt off ever in public, so, this episode, I'm facing one of my 5 biggest fears. It was pretty nerve-wracking, honestly." ALSO: Is Chidi's storyline implausible?
Posted Thursday 10/18/18 at 5:51PM EDT
The Good Place gives Chidi his breakout episode
Tonight's William Jackson Harper showcase, titled “Jeremy Bearimy,” will be remembered for one thing: Chidi Anagonye. "Perpetually on the verge of an existential crisis on his best day, tonight’s bombshell is just too much for Chidi to handle," says Josh Sorokach.
Posted Thursday 1/04/18 at 9:05PM EST
How does The Good Place’s Janet compare to artificial intelligence assistants like Siri and Alexa?
The NBC comedy’s android character, played by D'Arcy Carden, is like a search engine on steroids, says Brittany Levine Beckman. “How Janet learns is kinda, sorta like how artificial neural networks, which are modeled off the human brain, work,” she says. “… She gains knowledge as she encounters new things, but we don’t know how she gets from point A to point B, and neither does she, really.
- D’Arcy Carden describes what it's like to play Janet
- Manny Jacinto got Jason Mendoza’s voice from a YouTube video that he won’t reveal
- William Jackson Harper details his Chidi audition process: “I was going in for a guy named Chris…”
- Jameela Jamil: “I’m English, so phony niceness comes very naturally to me”
- The Good Place represents Kristen Bell’s “second act”