Wolf BlitzerLatest News and Opinion
Posted Wednesday 7/11/18 at 9:21PM EDT
CNN's Brianna Keilar will host her own show, replacing Wolf Blitzer's Wolf
Keilar, a CNN senior Washington correspondent, will take over Blitzer's 1 p.m. daily timeslot this fall. Blitzer will continue hosting The Situation Room weekdays at 5 p.m.
Posted Thursday 3/15/18 at 3:05PM EDT
New CNN app will allow viewers to experience breaking news in 360-degree virtual reality
Wolf Blitzer is featured in the app, which allows you to experience breaking news and long-form stories as if you are the producer.
Posted Wednesday 1/17/18 at 11:05PM EST
President Trump’s Fake News Awards: CNN takes home four, ABC News "wins" one
The president tweeted out his long-anticipated Fake News Awards at 8 p.m. ET tonight with a link that crashed the official GOP website, which was likely used to avoid potential ethics violations. The awards only named two networks: CNN and ABC News, the latter for Brian Ross' erroneous Michael Flynn story. An MSNBC producer was quick to point out that his liberal-leaning cable news network and NBC News didn't even merit one win (neither did Fox News). ALSO: Jimmy Kimmel had his Wolf Blitzer-lookalike father accept Trump's Fake News Award on CNN's behalf.
Posted Friday 1/12/18 at 5:54AM EST
Censor or don't censor? Networks grapple with Trump's reported use of profanity at WH meeting
Following in the lead of The Washington Post, which broke the “sh*thole” story and put it in their lead headlines uncensored, various media outlets published Trump’s reported remark without censorship. MSNBC used the profanity, while Fox News censored it. CNN varied between allowing "sh*thole" and censoring it. Lester Holt used it, warning at the top of NBC Nightly News that “this may not be appropriate for some of our younger viewers,” while his ABC World News Tonight counterpart David Muir described President Trump “using a profanity we won’t repeat.” UPDATE: Trump denies saying "sh*thole."
- Stephen Colbert’s “sh*tholes” were bleeped by CBS
- Jimmy Kimmel showed a montage of Wolf Blitzer saying “s-hole” instead of "sh*thole"
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah said “sh*thole" uncensored," but Comedy Central’s website opted to use asterisks
- Don Lemon tells his CNN viewers: "The president of the United States is racist”
- Anderson Cooper fought back tears as he defended Haiti against Trump’s “sh*thole” remark
- BBC Radio 4 allowed use of “sh*thole” — “a word I never thought I would utter on the BBC,” tweeted BBC’s Nick Bryant
# TOPICS: CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, Wolf Blitzer, Cable News, Censorship, Late Night, Trump Presidency
Posted Tuesday 11/28/17 at 2:12PM EST
CNN hosts fire back at President Trump
The president has frequently attacked CNN, but the president’s tweet over the weekend dissing CNN International seemed to mark a breaking point. “CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly,” Trump tweeted. “The outside world does not see the truth from them!” Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, Christiane Amanpour and Brooke Baldwin spent Monday firing back at Trump. “We have thick skin here at CNN,” said Cooper. “We can handle criticism, but we’ll damn sure call it out when it’s a lie.”
Posted Tuesday 10/31/17 at 6:30PM EDT
Happy Halloween!: Ellen DeGeneres spooks Sarah Paulson with an American Horror Story-themed Haunted House
Check out Paulson and executive producer facing their fears as Piggy Man and The Butcher from American Horror Story: Roanoke tried to scare them.
- Modern Family’s Julie Bowen visited Ellen as “Retro Ellen”
- Andy Cohen is a dead ringer for "Toothless" from Stranger Things
- Charlie Sheen endorses the “Charlie Sheen Mask”
- Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest dressed as the Kardashians
- Wolf Blitzer transformed into "Werewolf Blitzer"
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos became Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus